iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sodium Chloride Levels

Started by 78NHTFY, February 11, 2018, 03:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78NHTFY

The recent wild temp swing made it easy to see the level of SC in my loaded tractor tires.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

78NHTFY

If you have time, you win....

thecfarm

I've never noticed that in my tires.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

g_man

I have seen that but not nearly as dramatic as that. Now you know they actually loaded them !!!!

gg

coxy

wonder if beat juice will do the same

Jack S

Just googled it  freezes at -20 interesting.  commonly used in tires here in NC. never had heard of it when I lived in NYS. always used calcium and rotted out the rims   

submarinesailor

When they filled the tires on my new Mahindra they used used antifreeze.  Told me most dealers where going to it because of the corrosion problem.

Bruce

Resonator

My Kubota came with Rim-Gaurd (beet juice) in the tires, they add it when you buy it with a FEL. Supposed to be good down to -35. Park your wheels with valve stem on top to check air pressure, (so it doesn't leak out).
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jack S

I also used  used antifreeze. got 125 gallon from my local auto repair shop. They were glad to get rid of it. Just make sure you test it for strength tho.

mike_belben

Unfortunately a rubber boot repair will never bond if you have run glycol.
Praise The Lord

Skeans1

Why don't you guys foam the tires?

SwampDonkey

Beat juice and NaCl, I thought they used that to salt the roads.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chop Shop

I laughed when the tire guy told me that beet juice was $4 a gallon!!!!   For some garbage juice that Western Family wont even buy.

For $4 a gallon I could fill them with Martinellis! 

Got ahold of my oldboss at the quarry and got a barrel of old antifreeze.  $Free.99

Done.

mike_belben

For $4 a gallon i want martinis.
Praise The Lord

Crusarius

With how easy the back of my tractor comes off the ground I was doubting they loaded mine. Then I saw the line. Yup they are loaded. Did you also feel the temperature difference?

Bosco

I had them put a backhoe on the back of my new Mahindra, no juice needed 8)

Crusarius

It is already to hard to maneuver in the woods without a backhoe.

Thank You Sponsors!