iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Sawing for Me for awhile

Started by campwags, February 14, 2018, 12:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campwags

Broke my ankle big time on Jan. 6th.  Slipped in the kitchen, had bone sticking out of my leg... :'(

Three more weeks and then I can start gradually apply weight to the ankle.  Should be Easter by the time I can get back into the woods and the mill.
At least it happened in the Winter up here in the great North East.
Life is for Living, Loving and Laughing; Not Crying and Complaining!

TK 2000, Woodmaster 718, Kioti DK65s w/Farmi JL501, Kioti NX4510 and a Kubota KX 41-3 excavator, Japa firewood processor and an assortment of trailers, solar kiln and out buildings.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

Dave Shepard

Your cooking technique may be a little aggressive.  hurt_smiley

Hope it heals well.  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

That's what I was going to say too, Jeff but I couldn't figure out how it was spelled!   :o

Get well soon campwags! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Oh My, that made me squinch all of the way to my toes!!!    :o

Hopefully you will successfully mend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ed_K

That's awful  :o . Made my foot hurt all over again,crushed left foot, one bone broke in five places.
Ed K

WV Sawmiller

Campy,

Sorry about the sore hoof. Looks pretty rough. I hope it grows back stronger than ever. Makes us appreciate good health all that much more and remember how quick it can be taken from us. Hang in there and keep us posted on your progress and return to the sawdust factory.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GAB

campwags:
I suggest you carry the image with you should you ever have to go through a metal detector.
If your back in the woods by 4/2 you will be limping, because every day while in a cast those
legs muscles are losing strength and it take s a lot longer to get it back than to lose it.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Dakota

My goodness!  I'll be tip toeing around the kitchen for sure now.  Hope you have a good recovery.
Dave Rinker

submarinesailor

Man those pictures made both my feet and ankles hurt. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  Sorry to see you laid up.

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!