iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2018 Christmas Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED FIRST POST!

Started by Jeff, December 07, 2018, 11:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

We have this year's winners!

Tis that time of year again, and the Logrite Bluecreeper and Riteleg Elves have socked away some extra presents for 3 lucky Forestry Forum contest winners!

1st prize WINNWER 30" mill special canthook @South02
2nd prize WINNER 4 sexy singles. (A new riteleg product, details to come!) @btulloh
3rd prize WINNER Bluecreeper value pack. @straincm

4th prize WINNER. Ray has donated 4 jars of his famous thecfarm jams! 3 chokecherry and 1 jar of strawberry jam. Yum! @doc henderson

Contest Rules.
You must be a registered forum member to enter. If you are not a member, sign up, its free!
Contest entries must be in by 11:59 EDT Christmas Eve.
winners will be drawn at random from successful entries and announced on Christmas day.

To Enter
Print off the puzzle below and get busy with it! You will know when you have succeeded!

NOTE: ALL ADDRESS LETTERS ARE TO BE LOWER CASE! DON"T USE CAPITALS!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

straincm

I got the first one and thought, "that was easy", I should have known that wasn't the end.

straincm

Wow, that was very fun. Great way to highlight the wonderful sponsors as well. Thank you Jeff!

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Old Greenhorn

I am new here and a bit of a dolt. I don't understand the instructions about the first 24 blank letters. What is a blank letter and how do you count them, across or down? I think I have almost all of the sponsors located, but confused as to the next step. The puzzle was fun though.
Tom
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

never mind, I got it. Very Cool! But how do you know who was first second or third? Very cool  though.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Magicman

That was a real W I D E H E A D !!! :o  Thanks for a good contest Jeff.  :)

Thank You Kevin and Tammy for again sponsoring this Christmas Contest. 

Thank You to the entire Sponsor Family for your continued support of the Forestry Forum.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

btulloh

Hey!!!!!  There's another one!!!  Why did I think I was done?
HM126

doc henderson

Good thing I am at work and not too busy!!! :snowball:
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

btulloh

Nice.  Thanks Jeff and thanks to the sponsors. 

I was not aware of the FF sponsor: QTXJRSSUUYX, but now I know who they are, and I see they have some really nice products.

Good luck everyone!  
HM126

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Downstream

Fun contest.  Have not done that for years, but always like it when I did.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Split Second Kinetic logsplitter, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Old Greenhorn

I juat ran out of time, have too many family obligations. Will finish it off in the morig, but I am sure not in the running. Still can;t figure out how you will know who 'won', but its fun anyway. I gotta get some sleep first, this is a lot of work. I am quite sure it was even more work to create. Kudos's.

thecfarm

Old Greenhorn,last year Jeff had a wheel with a pointer. He did a video on it. The wheel spun and stopped on a name. All names that solved the contest was on the wheel.
Here it is, http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=98967.0
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

That was a fun contest!

Thanks to the contest sponsors, Logrite, Blue Creeper & RiteLeg, and Tammy & Kevin!

Well done!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LeeB

I figured the secret message but I guess I'm too dumb to know what to do with it.   >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

Just add the secret message to the url address provided below the contest display, then click ENTER.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

On the address,well on my computer,most of the address is there. I just clicked onto it,back spaced a little added action= and the secret code and off I went. Did not get too far. :D

Old Greenhorn

I am just stumped on the last 4 letters of the third puzzle, not making sense. ARRGH! nice puzzle work.

LeeB

Quote from: thecfarm on December 08, 2018, 10:15:24 AM
On the address,well on my computer,most of the address is there. I just clicked onto it,back spaced a little added action= and the secret code and off I went. Did not get too far. :D

Me either. Kinda like going in circles.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Chuck White

Just type the code in, including the last 4 required letters and you'll get it!  ;)

Jeff

Unless they used extra letters or forgot letters when they were solving the puzzle. The answer should make sense or it is probably wrong.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

btulloh

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on December 08, 2018, 10:36:54 AM
I am just stumped on the last 4 letters of the third puzzle, not making sense. ARRGH! nice puzzle work.
It makes sense, but especially after you click on it.  I think it's supposed to get a little more difficult at each step.  
Last year's puzzle was more challenging, not that that's a good thing.  This year's goes a lot faster.  But it does has a bit of the devious Jeff in it.
HM126

Old Greenhorn

Yeah, I got it. Actually had it hours ago but must have typed it wrong. Got it finished now. Thanks again for a fun contest.

Thank You Sponsors!