iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GRANITEstateMP

Barge, do you have the only JD440, 2 seater?  If so, perfect date night rig!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

teakwood

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 19, 2018, 08:29:48 PMOne of the girls calls me Saturday and says "they bought every bag and bundle out there" 😂 I was skeptical but people will spend 6.00 for 1cu ft of wood. 

Sell them for 8 dollars! 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

longtime lurker

Just what Barge is looking for.... :D

CrocoC.flv - YouTube

Hook lift bins with mesh sides on the landing... catch them and cart them home and toss the whole bin straight into the kiln = be the firewood king
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

moodnacreek

so il logger

BargeMonkey

Doing a spruce clearcut, not alot of trees but enough to bring the Timbco. Planted around 1941 ? Going to look some different tomorrow when I get done. 

Nice fill in job waiting on the freeze and that's not looking good. 

Maine logger88

You bringing the limber too? Things froze up a little here the last couple nights but it's going to thaw out again Sunday lol
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

If I was done in Altamont I would, it's only about 100 bigger trees. I lack about a week up there, sick of the mud. I'm finally figuring out how to set headers up for a limber, I've got a big hemlock job that's flat to cut after this ash job, shes old but man it makes life so nice. Hows that pull-thru work on that Hood ? 

Maine logger88

That limber has done a good job for you! Mud has not been good only good thing is the mills are screaming for wood for the first time in awhile! The pull through works real good hemlock pine and spruce it shines! Works decent in hardwood to as long as the limbs aren't over 3 inches the big nasty ones I throw off to the side and trim with a saw.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

BargeMonkey

Called up the tree rat for some weekend work. I've got a piece of 8 strand spectra that came off a boat somewhere 😂, rated for 120 ton, works well for doing this type of work. 

teakwood

Why are you limbing those trees? To big for the Timbco?
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

BargeMonkey

In the one picture you can just make out 2 sets of electric , feed to the house and the barn, septic tank isnt 20ft off the corner of the house, was just easier to yank them over, I've got to patch the lawn when I get done. 

PartTimeJack

Clearing out some dead ash and elm trees. Don't get a lot for them and a lot of them end up as firewood, but the are easy to drop, and skid. 

Just a Farmer learnin to be a Jack.

earache

Sustainably managed forests are good for the environment, providing clean air and water, wildlife habitat and carbon storage. Thanks to responsible forest management, we have more trees in America today than we had 100 years ago. The device you are viewing this on offers none of those benefits.

jackbickham35

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum so I figured I would post what I have been up too the last couple days just to break the ice.  This is just a little 1acre lot I cut all the trees off of and mulched the tops getting it ready to build a house on.  I left the stumps high so i could catch them with a dozer blade and push them up.  

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

olcowhand

Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Bogue Chitto

gump

Start of widening road. Got to get ready for trucks.

BargeMonkey

First day in basically 6wks I've been able to do much on this job, I think I've lowered my IQ about 30 points trying to log fulltime with the weather this yr.

Its only Dec and people have been going thru wood, alot of other guys ran out a while ago, Finch is desperate for pulp right now.

I honestly thought I was going to have a picture of her with 4 wheels in the air today, turned coming out and hit frozen ground on 2 wheels and mud on the other 😂

thecfarm

Kinda the same way here,with mud. I put up some trees to decorate last week. I take a crow bar and made holes in the ground last week. An easy job. Than we got a bunch of mornings in the single numbers and below freezing all day and I put up some more trees yesterday. Surprise,the ground was much harder. But still soft after a few inches. Would not hold you up
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!