iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Double "Peterson" Vision

Started by Radar67, March 02, 2006, 08:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

I completely understand, Stew.  There is a whole lot to see and a whole lot of options to consider.  You've only been exposed to one little sliver of the Peterson Sawmill portfolio...and both of those mills are 3-4 years old to boot, there have been a lot of improvements since then.

Have a great time with Phil down there, looks like you guys have a lot of work to do!!

Captain

rathbone

Boy, I'm really liking what I am reading here regarding the peterson, I'm thinking about a ASM myself and I was not aware of the microkerf blade for the 10".  What is the cut on that one?  I know the kerf is certainly more that the bandmills will take but if the sawyer doesn't take his time and do a good job, you will wind up with wavy lumber and you have to spend alot more time on the planer or moulder.

Rathbone

Part_Timer

I have a micro for my 8" and the max. cut is 6".  I'm pretty sure that it is 6" on the 10" mill also.  Captain will know for sure though.

I'd sure like an ASM.  Maybe someday.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

jpgreen

I also think the great thing about the swing mill is the blade learning curve...

There isn't one..  :D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

Captain

Yep, Tom is right.  6" max depth of cut on the 10" microkerf as well.  1/8" kerf.

Captain

Radar67

I'll be getting another dose of Peterson Monday thru Wednesday this coming week. I'm anxious to get started.  ;D

Stew
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

HARLEYRIDER

Just want to thank Captain for a very informative day. Getting a in-person demonstration, and hands on experience on the peterson mills is, well, 10 times better than the video.  He is a wealth of knowledge with swingmills, and a strait shooter.

Thanks
Greenwoods Timberworks

Thank You Sponsors!