iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time lapse of a 38 inch by 24 foot Yellow Cedar cut on ancient LT70

Started by Percy, April 27, 2018, 12:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Spent more time debating next cut and log positioning ten cutting. It was one of the nicest Yellow Cedars I have ever cut. It took my son Warren and myself all morning. The results were stellar
Monster Yellow Cedar on LT70 - YouTube
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

DPatton

Holy Cow Percy! That was one heck of a tree. Great video but i kept trying to turn it up so I could hear that saw run.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Percy

Quote from: DPatton on April 27, 2018, 12:16:50 AM
Holy Cow Percy! That was one heck of a tree. Great video but i kept trying to turn it up so I could hear that saw run.
Thanks. Time lapse thingie on my phone deletes sound. Of course it would sound like a angry bee at that pace  ;D ;D

slider

al glenn

highleadtimber16

Percy, Where are you sourcing your wood from? Thats a beauty log  ;D
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

SawyerTed

Quote from: slider on April 27, 2018, 09:00:05 AM
Percey some how i can't get that kinda speed out of my 70
Percy, that's one awesome video and a heck of a log!  
Slider, I can't get that kind of speed from me or my help - forget getting that speed from a sawmill! :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

E-Tex

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Darrel

I can saw that fast only if my camera's watching. Very nice log. Do you have any closeup pictures of the wood?  
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Savannahdan

How can I get that speed with my CSM?  Thanks for the video, it was fun watching.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

moodnacreek

Always thought my old circle mill was faster than a wood miser.

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

dgdrls

Well done Percy,  was that a customer's log or one you purchased?

D

Percy

Haha...The only way I can get anything that resembles speed is to use the time lapse function on my phone. Otherwise you have to put a stick beside me to tell if I'm moving at all ;D
Quote from: highleadtimber16 on April 27, 2018, 10:27:36 AM
Percy, Where are you sourcing your wood from? Thats a beauty log  ;D
Yes it was a beauty...We get where ever we can. My son has gotten good at sourcing high value logs.....that equals to high cost. Production is way down compared to bridge timbers outta spruce. We ponder alot before making a cut as a wrong choice can mean the difference between profit/loss. Log positioning was critical in this case...and a tad scarey ...as in lowering the backstops to get the maximum width outta the blade. Postons wide head or 4x4's or anyone with a wide head was on my mind the whole time. Jonesin bad for one
Quote from: SawyerTed on April 27, 2018, 10:55:45 AM
Percy, that's one awesome video and a heck of a log!  
Slider, I can't get that kind of speed from me or my help - forget getting that speed from a sawmill! :D
Quote from: E-Tex on April 27, 2018, 10:59:20 AM
we a little slower down south!

nice job!
Quote from: Darrel on April 27, 2018, 11:10:19 AM
I can saw that fast only if my camera's watching. Very nice log. Do you have any closeup pictures of the wood?  
The whole video encompasses a little better than four hours......so the time lapse thing makes us look good...like lipstick on a pig.... :D

These pics are from last October. Cut for the same project. The stuff I cut in  
the vid was packaged before any decent pics were taken..

Quote from: Savannahdan on April 27, 2018, 12:04:35 PM
How can I get that speed with my CSM?  Thanks for the video, it was fun watching.
Quote from: moodnacreek on April 27, 2018, 09:50:10 PM
Always thought my old circle mill was faster than a wood miser.
Terpentine on the butt works wonders... :D :D

Quote from: Peter Drouin on April 28, 2018, 05:52:13 AM
Nice work. 8)
Quote from: dgdrls on April 28, 2018, 06:38:46 AM
Well done Percy,  was that a customer's log or one you purchased?

D
Thanks guys. It was a log we purchased. The cut is  a grocery list from hell...I mean that in a good way, just alot of looking at the list before making a cut. The spec is very cork sniffery....has to be just about perfect. The pieces will be end used in some great big pavillion and "cabin" in Burmuda. The broker was/is buying from several mills in BC. Our commitment was complete in January but there were changes to the design of the building and log supply issues with some of the others so we got to cut some more pieces when we lucked out with some nice pumpkins

123maxbars

good job, that was some nice Timber, thanks for sharing, 
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

Thank You Sponsors!