iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

missed one or ten

Started by Dave H., April 14, 2015, 06:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave H.

still cutting on my siding job and got careless.thought i had a forest log but had a yard log instead.first nail wasnt bad( turned out to be 2!) still cutting somewhat.the darkarea didnt look normal but cut it anyways. yup 7 more nails!( actually  8!). at least i was using a dull blade then tried to finish it with another dull blade,lol. log yielded 4: 1x8's for siding the others with nails will be a side project.

first nail ,second one is on the other edge.

weird dark area.

6 of the 8 nails showing.

dark area(nail garden) with the other 2 nails  on the other side of the turner.

i believe this to be a tree fort maybe?i will defineatly check the other yard logs in the am.(all came from the same yard.)

justallan1

That's a bad deal, but it doesn't look like it left your saw marking to badly.
I had the extra money awhile back and bought a metal detector just in case I ever have to saw anything suspicious. I'm hoping it stays brand new. ;D

Nomad

Last week I was resawing old timbers.  Some had a profile like a "T" and the owner wanted the leg cut off to make two timbers.  She warned me don't cut too deep 'cuz there are nails down there.  Well, on one I cut too deep.  I counted 42 nails I cut off in that 18' timber.  I had to eat that blade; I didn't follow instructions very well. ::)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

dgdrls

I though this was going to be fun with Binary numbers ;)

DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!