iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Why trees are important— Slabbers watch this!

Started by Jjoness4, December 20, 2017, 09:56:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jjoness4

https://youtu.be/2ihrY7nYcpk
This video  says it all about preserving the beauty of trees with things we build.
2017 LT40HDD35 , Kubota 4701, Ford 3000, Stihl Farmboss

Jeff

Yet a bit slow on the post. I think it was posted first 2 weeks ago. ;)
There a lot of cool stuff throughout the forum. :)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,98996.0.html
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

terrifictimbersllc

Wow! That's good! Not often you see such appreciation for our profession. Maybe I can use it on my website.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Andries

Not just for the slabbing crowd, that's a great message for anyone on r the forum.
As far as commercials go - that's a good one!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Not to be the pessimist but, I want to know how they got the initials to show up in that deep slab.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

paul case

Me too. I notice that couldn't be on the sawn surface of the table. My  guess is a freehand router job. Looks just like the one in the bark.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Jeff

They were recreated for the piece I'm sure. Artistic license.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ChugiakTinkerer

Quote from: Southside logger on December 20, 2017, 05:12:33 PM
Not to be the pessimist but, I want to know how they got the initials to show up in that deep slab.

A bunch of grinches, all of you!   ;D

Next thing you know, someone is going to wonder how the initals got turned upside down and moved up by the crotch.   ::)

It is a gorgeous table.  I want one.  Just need to go find a tree carved on by someone with the same initials as my wife and I.

I watched the commercial again, by the way.  Which isn't a good idea in a dusty environment.  I had better call an HVAC guy to see why I get dust in my eyes every time I watch this video.
Woodland Mills HM130

Chuck White

Quote from: ChugiakTinkerer on December 20, 2017, 06:49:35 PM
Quote from: Southside logger on December 20, 2017, 05:12:33 PM

A bunch of grinches, all of you!   ;D

Next thing you know, someone is going to wonder how the initals got turned upside down and moved up by the crotch.   ::)

It is a gorgeous table.  I want one.  Just need to go find a tree carved on by someone with the same initials as my wife and I.

I watched the commercial again, by the way.  Which isn't a good idea in a dusty environment.  I had better call an HVAC guy to see why I get dust in my eyes every time I watch this video.

Great commercial, very touching!

I know what you mean! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Southside

Quote from: Jeff on December 20, 2017, 05:25:23 PM
They were recreated for the piece I'm sure. Artistic license.

Well if that were the case then why even bother slabbing from that tree Just make the whole thing up and lie to the folks!!   :D :D

I am purposely being sarcastic here you do realize. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

WLC

Nice commercial!  My wife loves it, and tears up almost every time she watches it.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

PA_Walnut

Just stellar. Making commercials is my "real" job. This one is fabulous in every way!
The creative, the story-telling, the emotional hook. In love! Way to go Toyota!!

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Weekend_Sawyer

I like the idea.

Diane wants me to make a peg board coat/hat rack out of a piece of slab wood.
I might just burn our initials into it.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jjoness4

Quote from: Jeff on December 20, 2017, 10:13:03 AM
Yet a bit slow on the post. I think it was posted first 2 weeks ago. ;)
There a lot of cool stuff throughout the forum. :)
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,98996.0.html

I need to look at the General Forum more thoroughly.  I spend much of my time on the Sawmill forum.  I'll try to do better.  It does look like some guys on the Sawmill  forum hadn't seen it though.   ;)

Clean Image

This was great to watch...I had a chance to make dinner for the family last Sunday (16 total). Before they came over my son helped me install the legs on the table I've been putting together for my wife.
Both she and I could relate to all those people gathered around, creating memories on our new slab of wood.

I hope all of you are having a very blessed Holiday Season and thanks for the help on getting the table from the forest into the dining room!

Duane

Roxie

That table, and your home is just beautiful! 
Say when

Jjoness4

Bill Ragosta

Great commercial.  I'm proud to say that I drive both a Toyota Tacoma and a Toyota Avalon (the wife's car).  I try to purchase vehicles which are at least assembled in the USA because of the whole buy American thing, but Toyota is a good company which is probably as much American today as it is Japanese.  Anyway, to the commercial, yes, great commercial and what we need to see more of on TV these days.  I'm not a sawmill owner or a furniture maker (though I'm very interested in both), but I had a very large American chestnut tree here on my farm that meant a great deal to me.  It recently died because of the blight and it now resides here in the house as a custom built hoosier, dining room table and blanket chests (2).  My uncle made the blanket chests and an Amish friend made the hoosier and dining room table, for what it's worth.  We'll always cherish them and each of our sons have been given one of the blanket chests for their own homes (when that time comes).   I also have some "scrap wood" that will be used at some point when I decide what to do with it.  Great commercial.....

kelLOGg

Both my wife and I find it tugging on our heartstrings, particularly when the granddaughter cranes her neck so as to not miss her grandparents' reaction. Short on words but big on content. Thanks for posting.

Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

Clean Image

Roxie and JJ, thanks for the compliments...table is made from WRC from the Olympic Peninsula.
I wasn't sure if the wood was worth the effort but pleased with the final result.

Duane

reedco

Not many trees

Timbercreekfarm

Very good job on a commercial, don't see that too often these days.

Thank You Sponsors!