iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my new loader

Started by smwwoody, August 30, 2014, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine logger88

Looks good! Was that on machinery trader?
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

treeslayer2003

thanks. nope, semi local. i'v known about it for several years........just kept puttin it off lol.

lopet

Hope you're getting by with some hoses. Looks heavy and strong.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

That looks like a monster, that should pick some wood pretty good. A live heal loader looks kinda nice. Going to be fun dragging that thru the mud.  :D

treeslayer2003

yea some of them old hoses look sketchy, ima replace the worst lookin ones right away. it starts and runs pretty, no leaks so far.
yea i don't think the 540 is gonna like it much lol.........i better get some choker slides welded on for the clark.

BargeMonkey

I had my 160A frozen into the muck, it took my 405 and 440D in tandem to get her moving. Whats that 275 got for power ?

treeslayer2003

6 bt cummins at 4400 hours

BargeMonkey

Quote from: treeslayer2003 on October 18, 2014, 08:19:30 PM
6 bt cummins at 4400 hours
Thats still an almost new loader.  Joystick ? Lever ? Plumbed ? I didnt know much about loaders and kinda jumped on this 160A like a hand grenade, but she doesnt like the big stuff to well. I could loader a trailer with 8'-17' but 40' tree length wouldnt happen. Im using roughly 10-15 gal of fuel a week.  :D   I put a sister engine, a 4239 non turbo in my processor and figure im using 1.5 gals max per cord now. Cant beat that.

treeslayer2003

lever......the old jonsered is joy stick lol. also the grapple does not rotate 360.......plumbed for what? a saw? i don't think so.
i have loaded tree length with a 160......just gotta hold yer mouth right while ya do it lol.
no, one end at a time if they bigger sticks.

BargeMonkey

Mine was lever, someone got real creative and adapted it to joystick with some cables and joysticks out of something, it works very well. I didnt know if you where running a saw behind it, having a saw is a game changer, work like an animal till 5 and slash till dark, I wont go back. Is this your only Barko loader ? I see alot of them, and havent had to get many parts yet but just wondering, I ordered stuff from a place in TN and they where on the ball.

treeslayer2003

first barko for me. we don't buck any thing any more other than shortening to 42 or 52'

Thank You Sponsors!