iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Is this swamp privet

Started by limbrat, June 04, 2013, 09:09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limbrat

Is this swamp privet

There are alot of small trees around that match photos online but i could not find photos of larger trees.
ben

Jay C. White Cloud

I don't believe so, looks like a water elm of some type at first glance, as it has a serrated leaf, not smooth.  One of our forester types will probably know.

Regards,

jay
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

limbrat

There is a lot of water elm in the area but they are usaly single stemed. The tree im sitting in has four stems, but it could have been damaged when it was young.
ben

mesquite buckeye

Looks kind of mulberryish to me. ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

limbrat

That would explain why the tree photos wouldnt match. They take some odd shapes were they can be submerged for part of the year.
ben

Thank You Sponsors!