iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firefox 3.0

Started by Ron Wenrich, June 20, 2008, 10:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Wenrich

Anyone else download Firefox 3.0?  It sure seems to be a lot faster.  I lost the ability to retain my login status on the old Firefox and had to revert to IE. 

If you want to download, here's the link:

http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tyb525

I downloaded it a few weeks ago. I think it's faster and overall better. Now we just have to wait for all the add ons to update to 3.0.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Warbird

I won't be able to update to v3 until other things catch up.  Looking forward to giving it a spin, tho.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: tyb525 on June 20, 2008, 10:43:30 PM
I downloaded it a few weeks ago. I think it's faster and overall better. Now we just have to wait for all the add ons to update to 3.0.

What you downloaded a few weeks ago was a pre-release beta version.  The first real version was just released on Thursday.  I am using it too and like it so far.  It did mysteriously lose a few bookmarks when I updated from Firefox 2, but other than that I am happy.

Tom

SwampDonkey

I never retrieved it yet Ron. This is a one-up'ns on me.  ;) ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

I just downloaded and installed it and everything seems to be in tact except an incompatible add-on I never used in V 2.0 anyway.  8)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Version 3.5.1 has been released July 16th.

A couple known bugs in Windows:
Pressing enter in the Location Bar will not do anything if you are running AVG SafeSearch v8.0 or lower. Upgrading AVG SafeSearch fixes the problem (see bug 479095)

If you select Fax from the Print Dialog, the Windows Fax dialog will appear and then disappear. Faxing still works from other applications (see bug 440486)

One known bug in MacOSX:
If the user repeatedly changes the paper size and asks for a Print Preview, Firefox may crash (see bug 495567)

Release Notes

Stephen1

I am not sure if my problem started with with Firefox new version. Maybe someone can help me here. All my cookies are missing, meaning when I go to the FF page I now have to login and I only stay logged in for a an hour. I have to put in my ID and my password everytime. I have this problem at other sites also. Even though I tell the sites to remember me I now have to put in my ID and passwords. any suggestions are appreciated.
Stephen
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Jeff

Maybe if you reset when you want cookies to expire.  Under the tools link. then options. then privacy.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Read the release notes, seems I read something on cookies. Also note V 3.5.2 was just released on the 3rd of August.

Ron Wenrich

I have the same problem with the new version of Firefox.  Sometimes it won't allow me to enter the forum without signing in.  Other times, no problem.  But, it will never allow me to sign in to Yahoo.  No way, no how.  So, I use IE to get in there.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

I just upgraded to the latest version, and I think it was 3.5  We'll see what happens.

It is. 3.5.2
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

I just ran some Apple updates on my Macbook Pro and am unable to log into various places (FF seems fine).  Fairly certain it is the latest Java (JRE) update that b0rked it.

Thank You Sponsors!