iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer debarker question

Started by delvis, July 10, 2018, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delvis

Hey folks,

My debarker is starting to get a little play in the pivot point between the vertical arm and the horizontal arm so it looks like it is time for a new pin.  On the WM site parts breakdown it doesn't appear there are any replaceable bushings.  Does anyone know what the two screws are on either side of the grease fitting in the pivot point barrel?  

Thank you,

Mike
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Chuck White

Retainer screws!

They hold the hinge pin in place!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

delvis

Thanks, I figured that must be the case but haven't actually disassembled it to find out.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

MartyParsons

Hello,
 The screws keep the assembly from going over center. You remove them and push the assembly up to remove the springs. Well that is what I do any way. I do not think  :-\ the cap screws touch the pin. Most all the debarkers with some hours have play in this area. I replace the pin and it helps.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Beavertooth

Mine did not come with a grease fitting anywhere on the debarker pivot pin and after 4200 hours has a great amount of play in it. Never understood why no grease fitting when it is one of the most moving parts on the mill.  LT70 
2007 LT70 Remote Station 62hp cat.

delvis

It would be nice to have replaceable bushings in this area for sure. For now I'll pick up a new pin and replace that.  

Thank You Sponsors!