iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a Mill Workshop in Washignton State or close by, Vancouver, BC, or e

Started by opticsguy, February 13, 2019, 10:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opticsguy

Picked up my TimberKing mill way back in 2010, been having loads of fun and loads of work and still do not feel like I really know what I am doing.   Reading hundreds of postings and conversations here has been a great help.

First of all, are there any planned gatherings of sawmill user/owners here in Washington State for 2019?  

Could there be any possibility of some kind of meeting, gathering of the mills, workshop or something in Washington State?  I would be willing to put something together but I do not have the room for 5 or more mills and 30-40 participants at my location. However I am quite sure I could find a location that could work.  Most likely a one day gathering.  

Obviously a lot of thought and organization would be needed. Would anyone be interested?  

I live North of Seattle and not far from the Canada border.

Now looking at about 12" of snow or more, or less depending where you stand.  I can still see the very top edges of my mill rails.  

Enjoy and thank you.  
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Mike W

Sounds like a plan in the making.  I also live really close to the border in Washington (like i can literally hit it with a rock from here) unfortunately its on the opposite corner of the State and would be a bit far for me to make it to the coast for an event.  hopefully some year though.  

There is a Hudson dealer in Seattle and a WoodMizer dealer in Portland (where my mill used to live before its new home here) possibly drop either of them a note and see whats on this years calendar if anything is currently planned.

Hope you get some traction on this, sounds like it could be a great event

best of luck 8)

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

donbj

Quote from: Mike W on February 13, 2019, 01:06:46 PM
Sounds like a plan in the making.  I also live really close to the border in Washington (like i can literally hit it with a rock from here) unfortunately its on the opposite corner of the State and would be a bit far for me to make it to the coast for an event.  hopefully some year though.  

There is a Hudson dealer in Seattle and a WoodMizer dealer in Portland (where my mill used to live before its new home here) possibly drop either of them a note and see whats on this years calendar if anything is currently planned.

Hope you get some traction on this, sounds like it could be a great event

best of luck 8)
Don't throw rocks at the border. If you break it Trump will want to build a wall up here too! :D
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Mike W

Don,

now that's funny, albeit it may take some time to even think about the busted up Norther boarder with the rate they are working (err... if you could call it that) on the Southern one.  

cant be building no stinkin Northern wall, my family and I (two boys and the better half) own a small gas station / rural store and 99% of our customers are Canadian, we would starve off the locals that stop by, so a wall is a definite no-no.

thanks for the laugh though.... :D

donbj

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Mt406

I would be interested in something like that I get to Seattle twice a year. My parents live there. As for a northern border wall that would be a laugh. But the other day I saw a petition wanting to sell Montana to Canada for a trillion dollars to pay the national debt.

:D

donbj

Mike W

Payments only "on approved credit".  Was wondering if the offer was $1T in USD or CND?  with the current exchange rate, would be a screaming deal for Canada if its CND, Montana is a beautiful State for sure, would want top dollar for that State.  Either way, makes me go "hmmmmm" a Trillion for Montana, wonder what China would give us for California?  Now there's a venue to eliminate all national debt on the books right now.  Of course once paid off, we would just ring up another $20T debt in useless efforts by our finest in office.  :-\

Mike

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!