iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Running a 40 inch belsaw on hyd??

Started by firewood man, August 07, 2011, 07:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firewood man

Hey i have a 40 inch belsaw with insert teeth im looking to use it on a firewood processor but no shore what size motor will run it?? I was looking at a 6.1 cu.in 610 rpm at 2500psi  Will that work?

Dave_

Are you looking to run the saw or the drive with hydraulics?

tyb525

I'm not sure how well a mill blade will work in a crosscut application
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Dave_

I agree.  An old buzz saw blade will probably work better.

bandmiller2

Firewoody,the guys are right that belsaw blade has too much hook built into its design to use as a crosscut.I'd see what the outher processors are using for cutoff.Probibly alot of folks would trade you to get that 40" belsaw. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

shelbycharger400

i have 2,   29 in buzz saw blades, and 2, 22 or 24 in blades   not shure where you are at.    wife would prob leave me if i got another belsaw sawmill..lol

firewood man

Thanks for all the input. i got the blade just sittng around so i think im going to try it. But i think you guys are right i would need a lot of togue to turn it.

ladylake

Just guessing I'd think a 40" crosscut blade would take 50hp+, how many hp is that hyd motor.  You could take some hook angle off for crosscutting, maybe aroud 5*     .  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ladylake

That 6.1 c.i.  motor should have around 25hp if you a big enough pump running it.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!