iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John deere winch

Started by ga jones, November 24, 2013, 04:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

I need a service manual for a 3305 deere winch off a 540a. I believe a 3315 and 3325 are the same.my old tree farmers pto spins the wrong way to run this winch. Having trouble finding a pto .Wondering if there's a way to switch rotation in the winch with idlers.its also just good to have a manual.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

coxy

I could be wrong but doesn't the 3305 have a rubber piece  on the in side like on a maxi can for air brakes  that works like a presser plate we had one like that but jd said the parts were obsolete  some of the parts wont interchange on the old 3315 and the new 3315  just a thought  don't know any thing about 3325    witch one has the pto in the center 3315 is off set

ga jones

Your giving me more info than I had before. I don't know a lot about the internals if it. The pto is center. Need a manual.hard to believe its obsolete. I think it was on all the540a 440a.i have the brake side apart. Pretty straight forward there. I think I'm  going to use a parallel shaft gear box from hub city to eliminate my rotation problem.wheres that rubber part at? Is like a diaphragm?
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

beenthere

QuoteI need a service manual for a 3305 deere winch off a 540a.

ga jones
Have you been to jdparts.com and looked at any or all the schematics and part no's they show for the 3305 winch on the 540A ?
I was just in that site, and thought it may help you figure out what and where you are at. May not be what you are looking for in the way of a manual but thought I'd mention it anyway.

All Deere parts are shown, and it is free registration to join FYI.

If you get in, then enter 540 as the model number, and a list will come up with the 540A skidders second listing. Click that and go to the alphabetical listing, and go down to W for Winch. Hope it helps.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

diaphragm  that's the word I was looking for    it would be on the clutch side of the winch

ga jones

I will check out the jd site. Thanks. I was at cj logging today and they all the parts are available aftermarket.

Thank You Sponsors!