The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Bargain  (Read 944 times)

Offline Pine Ridge

• Part-time logger, Full time loafer
    • Share Post
Bargain
« on: March 04, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
Always seeing good deals on things people have bought , i'm never lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time to get one of the bargains. Bought a new 240 husqvarna this morning from lowes, original price 179.oo, I paid 47.50 plus tax out the door. I may never use it for anything but haul it on the side by side or 4 wheeler, it will save beating and banging my 550xp around for that. Got it to the shop, gassed and oiled it up, fired up 3rd pull.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
Re: Bargain
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 01:36:25 PM »
Not my first choice, but for $47, I'd take it. How did you manage that?

Offline sawguy21

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 03:47:37 PM »
Somebody probably flooded it so brought it back because it wouldn't start. The big box stores often write stuff like that off and blow it out the door rathere than trying to recover repair/shipping costs
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Offline Pine Ridge

• Part-time logger, Full time loafer
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »
Lowes had it on clearance, demo model, tag said 89.50, I asked if that was the least they would take for it , the lady said hang on and I'll find out for you. She came back and asked if I would give 50 dollars for it, after my discount it was 47.50 plus tax. I don't need it but I couldn't pass it up for that price. I missed out on a sale they had on poulan 4218 saws a few weeks back, 40 some dollars for them marked down from i believe 129.00. Several of them are now on local craigslist.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Offline starmac

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:37:37 PM »
My son gave me one of the little huskys, I want to say it is a 235, but may be a 240. I just keep it n the log truck in case I have to cut something, better than my 346 getting bounced around all the time.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Offline Iwawoodwork

• Share Post
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 11:34:53 PM »
I have owned 2 of the small Husky 240s for a couple of years now ( wish I could have bought them for $50 instead of $139. they have 16 inch bars.  I have cut 6-8 cords with them, most was Juniper, similar to ERC, some fir  and for a small saw they have worked well for me. For small wood a lot easier to pack around than my 670 echo with 30" bar.

Offline Inaotherlife

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2019, 12:31:17 AM »
Can't beat fifty bucks for a new chainsaw. That's a great deal!

I just bought a 20 year old Poulan 3500 for 47 out the door. Looks pretty nice and newish, but has a fuel delivery issue and I haven't bothered to mess with it yet.
Started with a spoonful of mix. And p&c looked not too used when I pulled the muffler.

Offline NCFarmboy

• Share Post
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2019, 07:43:38 PM »

I just bought a 20 year old Poulan 3500 for 47 out the door. Looks pretty nice and newish, but has a fuel delivery issue and I haven't bothered to mess with it yet.
Started with a spoonful of mix. And p&c looked not too used when I pulled the muffler.

Replace impulse line for sure most are rotten.  I use Echo 3mmx5mm or 3mmx6mm black rubber hose.  Tygon doesn't hold up in my experience.
Shep

Lots & Lots of Saws

Offline Inaotherlife

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2019, 11:34:01 PM »

Replace impulse line for sure most are rotten.  I use Echo 3mmx5mm or 3mmx6mm black rubber hose.  Tygon doesn't hold up in my experience.
Shep
Looked like it had new line on it. But it was routed wrong and pinched by the filter.
I'm going to tear down the carb and inspect all the lines....soon I hope.

Offline hedgerow

• Share Post
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2019, 09:58:52 AM »
Lowes had it on clearance, demo model, tag said 89.50, I asked if that was the least they would take for it , the lady said hang on and I'll find out for you. She came back and asked if I would give 50 dollars for it, after my discount it was 47.50 plus tax. I don't need it but I couldn't pass it up for that price. I missed out on a sale they had on poulan 4218 saws a few weeks back, 40 some dollars for them marked down from i believe 129.00. Several of them are now on local craigslist.
Its nice to have a cheap little saw around to carry on the tractor,pickup or four wheeler. I have never bought a new that way but have bought several 10 or 20 dollar saws at garage sales or estate sales and usually just need carb cleaned out and they are ready to go. Some one bought them to cut one tree and then they just set so there usually like new. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Not a bargain.

Started by Drew62 on Chainsaws

3 Replies
Last post March 07, 2019, 08:24:02 PM
by Drew62
xx
Cord bargain

Started by WV Sawmiller on General Board

0 Replies
Last post December 04, 2017, 05:28:54 PM
by WV Sawmiller