The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Which Woodmizer?  (Read 5523 times)

Offline Oregon_Sawyer

• Full Member x2
  • Sawing for the fun of it!
    • Share Post
Re: Which Woodmizer?
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2003, 10:28:49 PM »
I brought this post back as an update.  Many of you know I bought a LT70.  (It's a walk behind not a remote) I have now put about 100 hrs on it.  I still grab the wrong levers but I am getting better with it.  

Last week I had to take it in for a small repair and I picked up the seat for the mill. I got to use it a little this weekend.  I think even when I am running it by myself it is going to help with the fatigue of walking back and forth.

This weekend I moved the mill to the buildings that I had tied up earlier.  There is more work to be done but we got the roll up door fixed and set up my mill in the building that has ventalation (no doors ;D)  

Here are some pictures:

The first is a picture of the office building (to be moved where a old shed is being torn down) and the Sawdust bunker.

This one of the buildings  40x60 with concrete floor, 3 phase and cyclone system that works 8):

The second one is a 60 x 60.

Here is the mill that is in the second building.  I know you guys like old sawmills.

The old mill goes away and my mill is in that building.  

The first building will have trim saws, lumber storage and the new to me Woods 4 head moulder.

Loren

Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Offline Stephen_Wiley

• Forester.
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2003, 11:35:29 PM »
Loren,

Looks like my previous visit is now history. ::)  Will have to bring my camera for the next visit. Maybe you can keep up with the cutting speed riding in the chair.  :D :D :D

Will be nice to have the buildings (during winter months)........but sure liked the open air of your previous set up !!!

Do you get use of the 'chip bin' ?

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Offline Oregon_Sawyer

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2003, 10:36:26 PM »
Sunday it was really storming and i was cutting inside after dark 8) 8)

Tuesday night my girls and I were able to resaw my perlins after dark while it was raining outside.  I would never have been able to do this at the ranch.

Yes I get to use the bunker.(I already have)

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Offline Stump Jumper

• Share Post
    • Hernden's Sawing & Excavating
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2003, 06:22:13 AM »
hi oregon sawer does that LT70 have an auto clutch? my LT40 with the 42 hp kabota came with the armstrong clutch. ??? ???  after 100hrs sawing i had a pop-pie arm. :D :D  I ordered and instaled the auto clutch now thats nice to have. 8) 8) i would recemend it to anyone with the armstrong clutch and heavy engine. 8) 8)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Offline Oregon_Sawyer

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2003, 06:16:48 PM »
Yes it has an auto clutch.  Boy am I glad.  I was starting to have problems with my right elbow.

I am still learning how to use the chain turner.  You can tear a log up if you are not careful.

On cants I use the two-plane clamp to turn.  It's faster.

Loren

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Woodmizer hydraulic mill and Woodmizer Edger

Started by Keith Edge on For Sale

0 Replies
Last post December 22, 2008, 08:11:51 AM
by Keith Edge
exclamation
Hey Woodmizer Guy's!! Now with pic's of the fix

Started by Kevin_H. on Sawmills and Milling

9 Replies
Last post July 26, 2005, 12:32:49 PM
by Kevin_H.