The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: E-Classic Short Stack  (Read 1193 times)

Offline antos_ketcham

• Share Post
E-Classic Short Stack
« on: November 24, 2008, 04:44:10 PM »
Trying an experiment. I had 12 feet of stack on my E-Classic. I was getting quite a bit of creosote build up on the upper end near the top and a little more smoke than I would like. So I took off all but the bottom 4 foot section. What a difference! I am burning cleaner and the creosote in the stack is no longer an issue. I think what it comes down to is that unlike a traditional CB which is a natural draft whereas the E-Classic is a forced draft. Apparently forced draft units do better with little to no chimney and in fact a chimney can be a liability on a forced draft unit due to the very creosote issue I was experiencing. If anyone else experiments with the short stack - let me know.

Pete

Offline stumper

• Share Post
Re: E-Classic Short Stack
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 05:39:26 PM »
I was planning to add 4 feet to mine to bring me to 12 so that I had less smoke and sometimes flames coming out the door when I fill it with wood.

Did loosing the 4 feet make much difference?

Offline antos_ketcham

• Share Post
Re: E-Classic Short Stack
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 06:32:18 PM »
I was having those problems with 12 feet of stack. Now that I am at 4 the problems have stopped. Cleaner burn, no creosote at top of stack, and flames less aggressive coming after me when I open the door. It is working for me - may not for others. Something you can try and always change if it doesn't work for you. Pete.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter