The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: 2300 maintenance and dealer  (Read 1619 times)

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
2300 maintenance and dealer
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:55:18 AM »
Had my dealer out this am to do a bunch of stuff that I should have done last summer / fall.  Drilled the holes.  Changed out the fusion chamber.  Changed the door gasket.  He also dUmped about 2.5 cords of split oak.  Not bad for a Sunday morning.  I've got to say he does a pretty good job of caring for my stove.

While it was clean and empty, I took a look at the air holes.  While the tool I use to clean out the openings had been doing a fine job, this time I used a heavy coat hanger wire to scrape out the air channel between the holes.  Got a lot of stuff out, even though the stove had been working well.  I then kicked on the fan the assure myself that the air channels were open.  Fired her up and got almost immediate gasification.  From now on  I'll use the coat hanger trick on a yearly basis, or more often if necessary, to guarantee good air flow.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline hockeyguy

• Share Post
Re: 2300 maintenance and dealer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 01:55:39 PM »

While the tool I use to clean out the openings had been doing a fine job, this time I used a heavy coat hanger wire to scrape out the air channel between the holes.

Hey Doc,
Is the air channel you speak of behind the firebox or actually a channel cut in the fire box between holes? I believe you have a 1999 model like me, so I'm assuming it's the area behind.
I also changed my door gasket last month, it made a huge difference in airflow.

BTW, nice bass!

Offline hockeyguy

• Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 02:00:44 PM »
Make that a 2009 model- I was close! :D It really hurts when I write 1999 on checks  :'(

Offline doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 03:50:38 PM »
Yes, I was referring to the air space behind the surface I to which the holes are drilled.  I could pass the coat hanger from one hole, through the channel and past the next adjacent hole.  I could see dust like debris coming out of that hole while I worked the coat hanger.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline island

• Share Post
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 04:31:07 AM »
I read in an earlier blog,that a drive cable from a weed wacker works well.I just happen to have an old one I'll try this year.Anyone find a alternative for the plastic lens above the door that melts?

Offline irallen

• Share Post
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 12:08:55 PM »
OK on the coat hanger doctorb. I'll add it to my boiler tool pouch. Along with the crowbar, pointy screwdriver, and 6ft iron scraper. I was able to get the boiler back up last night. Just cleaning out the 4 back holes was enough to get the boiler up to 185. I guess that's hot enough to melt any creosote that had built up in the air passageways? We'll see how it's doing tonight.

Offline MudBud

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 10:30:31 PM »
Nothing for a replacement that I can find for the light.  For $13 its cheap enough.  I burned up the only one in the first year and now I know what not to do to melt them!!!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
becoming a dealer

Started by yamaha605 on Chainsaws

12 Replies
Last post September 13, 2015, 07:14:06 AM
by Spike60
xx
new dealer

Started by Tam-i-am on Bluecreeper

7 Replies
Last post March 11, 2015, 05:49:01 PM
by nitehawk55