The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Anyone with Timber Harvester experience  (Read 3249 times)

Offline ladylake

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
Re: Anyone with Timber Harvester experience
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 07:10:58 AM »
Wick,TH did use Duetz two cyl. diesel`s because i have one in my mill-have a pic. for you hope it helps-the pins are spaced out from the pulley about 1/4 inch,so belts can slip and maybe more if you belts are deeper.....There two pins,another on bottom of motor pulley,could not get in pic. and same deal as top pin...

(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)

OK,next pic. shows how the belts should look,as for length,they need to be parallel form motor pulley to where they run over the idler pulley..

OK,hope this helps you,albert

I have a TK but I think my pins are no where near that close to the center of the pulley and the blade stops good.  It almost looks like that bracket should be flipped over putting the pin a few inches away from the pulley.    steve
Timberking B20 12000 hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Dino setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Offline Dewey

• Share Post
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »
Well sounds like you guys gave all the right info.....  I have a "94" 30 Ht Its been a great mill  I have been running it full time for the last 17 years  !!!!!!

Offline Brad_S.

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 08:51:11 AM »
Wick,TH did use Duetz two cyl. diesel`s because i have one in my mill-have a pic. for you hope it helps-the pins are spaced out from the pulley about 1/4 inch,so belts can slip and maybe more if you belts are deeper.....There two pins,another on bottom of motor pulley,could not get in pic. and same deal as top pin...

OK,next pic. shows how the belts should look,as for length,they need to be parallel form motor pulley to where they run over the idler pulley..

OK,hope this helps you,albert

I have a TK but I think my pins are no where near that close to the center of the pulley and the blade stops good.  It almost looks like that bracket should be flipped over putting the pin a few inches away from the pulley.    steve
Steve,
A Timber Harvester and a Timber King are two very different machines. The pins on a TH should be very close to the pulley...almost touching it.

The belt you need depends on the model you have. I have the larger HT36 series and it takes a B-100, can't help you with the HT30 model. Cook's carries a similar mill and are knowledgable about TH's. There is also a mill manufacturer in PA that is run by former TH employees and our sponsor CMS employs a few ex-THers so they may be able to help too.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Offline ladylake

• Senior Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »

Different machines but both have pulleys and a belt, on mine it keeps the belt away from the drive pully almost like pinching the belt a ways from the end..   Steve
Timberking B20 12000 hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Dino setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Offline york

• Share Post
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 03:06:46 PM »
OK guys,took another look at the guide pins for the drive belts and the top pin is 1/4 inch above edge of pulley and because of the angle of belts@bottom of pulley,this pin is 1/2 inch from edge of motor pulley-I always put stuff back together the way it came from Waterloo,ny...albert
Albert

Offline Wick

• Full Member x2
  • Let's Do It!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 12:17:34 PM »
Wick
You can modify and edit your posts, easily by going to it and clicking on the "modify" button.

Quotes need to be in the square brackets enclosing the word 'quote' with the trailing one including a backward slash.

Thanks!!

OOps, I forgot to look at the manual.
Timber Harvester 30HT25

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Has anyone had experience with the "new" Quadco 5660 harvester head?

Started by Twig farmer on Forestry and Logging

4 Replies
Last post February 08, 2010, 08:13:54 PM
by Jamie_C
xx
We got our Timber Harvester!!

Started by True North on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post April 07, 2009, 06:42:18 PM
by petefrom bearswamp
xx
Used Timber Harvester ???