The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Picking Up New Mill On Friday  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Bibbyman

• Senior Member x2
  • Pro-Sawyer Mary and Bibbyman
    • Share Post
    • Warden Sawmill
Re: Picking Up New Mill On Friday
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2013, 01:20:27 PM »
Consider yourself lucky, lucky, lucky!  Our power company wanted $40, 000 11 years ago to bring us 3 phase.  We could pay up front or almost $400 per month minimum charge.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Offline John_Haylow

• "If you are going through hell, keep going." W.C.
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2013, 01:37:14 PM »
John,

LT40 Super with 25hp 3 phase electric with Command Console, Accuset 2, Debarker, and Lubemizer.

Willie
Sounds nice Willie.
Enjoy,
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Offline mad murdock

• Senior Member x2
  • The woods is the best "office"!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2013, 01:59:23 PM »
Congrats on the mill AND the power upgrade!  You will be one happy camper 8)
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Offline delvis

• Full Member x2
  • "I jus' 'bout 'magine"
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2013, 07:03:22 PM »
John,

LT40 Super with 25hp 3 phase electric with Command Console, Accuset 2, Debarker, and Lubemizer.

Willie

You'll not be sorry you went with those options!  We have all you mentioned on the LT40 regular save for the electric motor as we need to travel to make some money, but those options make sawing soooo much better.  If you're going to stay in one place all the time you can get away with the standard WM jack stands.  Anyone else who is planning on sawing on the road, I highly recommend the fine adjust jacks.  Actually, I wish WM would just include those jacks standard and offer people a discount if they really think the standard jacks are all they need.
If I never saw another board I will at least die happy having spent the last few years working with my dad!

Offline Dave Shepard

• Senior Member x2
  • Geometrically proportional
    • Share Post
    • My homepage
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »
I really liked having my mill on concrete. When it was on the slab it had the stationary legs and we took the axle off. No more tripping over the tires or trying to clean up around the axle. Also, you can't stab the loader side tire with the forklift, if it isn't there. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"Logrite!

Offline wwsjr

• In Memoriam
  • Think Orange
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 07:57:14 PM »
Power company built 3 phase power bank today, got 3 phase into my breaker box. I installed a 200 amp main with 42 spaces for breakers. I can use 1, 2 or 3 pole breakers to get 3 phase, 220V and 120V by using the proper lugs in box. The mill options are the same as I had Cat diesel powered mill. All are essential as far as I am concerned. I ordered the stationary legs, plan to bolt down, pouring a concrete slab this week. I plan to remove the wheels, add separate hydraulic pump, and dust blower as soon as I can. I had a 2hp 220V blower on my other mill, moved dust about 50' thru 4" PVC drain pipe, pictures in gallery. Predicted great weather this week, no RAIN, maybe sawing next week? The last mobile job I sawed was about 18 months ago, I have been busy with customers bringing logs to me, don't plan to move the mill. My church friends are planning a "barn raising" to built shed over mill when I am ready.  The shed will be 10' X 40'. I have almost completed the 10' X 12" office/storage building behind mill. All electrical boxes are mounted in the office building. I am using power poles for post and will have metal roof, snow load not a factor. I have been having trouble loading pictures, but I will get some up as soon as I can.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Offline francismilker

• Udderly happy!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 08:17:00 PM »
wwsjr,

I'm really glad to hear things are going your way.  Nice to have good friends to fall back on when times get tough.  Also glad to hear your 3-phase was so reasonable.  Some have paid and arm and a leg to get it built in to them.  Having it already there on a pole is priceless.
"whatsoever thy hands finds to do; do it with thy might" Ecc. 9:10

WM LT-10supergo, MF-271 w/FEL, Honda 500 Foreman, Husq 550, Stihl 026, and lots of baling wire!

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
picking up my motor on friday!(453 Loading up and lots of white smoke)

Started by RKH Logging on Forestry and Logging

19 Replies
Last post September 03, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
by North River Energy
xx
Picking up my fist mill

Started by crosswind on Sawmills and Milling

26 Replies
Last post February 13, 2018, 08:51:31 PM
by WV Sawmiller
xx
Help needed picking a mill