The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Shipping Policy  (Read 3622 times)

Offline BradMarks

• Board Moderator
  • Foresters are TREE-mendous
    • Share Post
    • Pacforest Supply
Shipping Policy
« on: July 31, 2014, 12:02:27 PM »
To All:  As they say, "there is no free lunch".  For those companies that offer free or reduced shipping, check their prices. What we do here at Pacforest is offer great products at fair and competitive pricing. And compared to others, we do not add a handling charge to your order. And we ship the way that costs least to our customers, be it UPS or Priority Mail or motor freight. Each individual order is evaluated for best shipping method. We welcome inquiries as to potential charges.  And we do a super job in filling the orders correctly and having them arrive at the destination damage free. We know that packages get tossed around, many many times, before they arrive in your hands. Savvy customers recognize our efforts, just one of the reasons we have been successful.  Thanks, Brad.

Offline BradMarks

• Board Moderator
    • Share Post
    • Pacforest Supply
Re: Shipping Policy
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 07:57:54 PM »
Significant changes have occurred with Priority Mail recently. We now can ship some pretty bulky boxes that don't weigh a bunch (as in our mesh seedling tubes) for pretty cheap to WA,CA,OR,ID. But, if the box gets too big, or weighs a lot, UPS is still better. An example: Box of 4"x18" tubes;box size is 26x20x20, shipping is $11.82 to all four states listed. UPS would range from $18+ to $30+. This a regional thing. Shipping cross country, if it fits in a flat rate box, Postal is still the best. If it is in a standard box(es) of various dimensions, the heavier it is, the pendulum swings to UPS being the carrier. These are the reasons we have our shipping calculator disabled on our website - there is no way a program can calculate these variances.  We will ship the most economical way unless directed otherwise.  Brad.

Online beenthere

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:18:57 PM »
Recently I've had two shipments from Amazon that were delivered on Sunday by the USPS truck. The first one caught me by surprise, but the second one I asked the driver what is going on that the USPS is delivering on Sunday.
He said "we deliver every day of the week now, and doing it to compete with UPS".

Not sure if this is just a USPS/Amazon arrangement or more than that. Strange, because I don't think UPS had ever delivered on a Sunday. Thinking maybe it is a deal to make some use of the USPS delivery trucks that sit idle on Sundays.
south central Wisconsin
 It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Offline BradMarks

• Board Moderator
    • Share Post
    • Pacforest Supply
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »
Hadn't heard about the Sunday deliveries, that just doesn't seem right. But I do know they see their future in packages with less and less first class mail. Funny thing is, they don't have the vehicle fleet to do the job. Whereas UPS and FedEX have the bigger delivery trucks, I can fill up those little postal rigs with not that much stuff!  And then there is the delivery aspect. I know in the past, a lot of rural routes were contract carriers not set up for big packages. So far no complaints though ;D

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
revised policy

Started by woodmills1 on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post November 08, 2011, 06:58:02 PM
by woodmills1
xx
President Bush Envirmental Policy

Started by D._Frederick on General Board

8 Replies
Last post October 04, 2002, 02:38:40 PM
by mustang