The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Bourbon barrel aged maple syrup  (Read 8342 times)

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
  • Life is what you make it!
    • Share Post
    • Dave and Joan's sugarhouse web site
Re: Bourbon barrel aged maple syrup
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2018, 04:54:10 PM »
I'm running low on bourbon barrel aged maple syrup. Right now I only have 107 bottles to last until my next batch is ready in about late May. If not ready by then, it'll be 3 weeks later, because we are going on an Alaskan Cruise in June. While it was the Christmas rush, in the last 8 weeks I sold over 200 bottles (not all on the FF leads). But in between we are hosting an open house on Mar 17&18 and then again on Mar. 24-25. we fully expect to sell out then, so if any FF members want some they should order before those open houses. To order go to:   www.cnymaple.com
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »
While sales since Christmas have slowed, I have a local event I will be giving out samples at on May 12. The only other time I gave out samples at an event, I sold a bottle to 19 out of every 20 samples given out and this event promises to be much better attended than the last one. It's a good thing I'll be opening the next barrel of bourbon barrel aged syrup in late May, which will give me about 190-200 more bottles of bourbon barrel aged maple syrup. My next batch after that will be about mid August, another 190-200 bottles.
I also need to get another empty bourbon barrel and fill it soon or I'll be out during my Christmas sales rush.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed,  Peterson ATS upgraded to WPF mill, maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 07:23:53 AM »
Sales are picking up nicely locally, I suspect the online orders will soon also. Locally I've had my best summer/early fall ever by far. In the past I only had to repack syrup from a SS barrel into retail once a summer, this year I had to 3x. I will be packing more bourbon barrel aged maple syrup soon, last week I just got in another 50 dozen bottles to fill in the smaller size. Unfortunately I may run out of the larger size soon, the glass vendor who's bottles I like is out of that until about December. I'll try to find some elsewhere, but I want it to look the same and have the same volume so I don't need to change the picture or description back and forth.
For Christmas orders, please order early, at least by December 10 if possible. While I ship the next day, the post office gets behind in mid December and more shipments get rough handling than normal.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2018, 08:54:33 AM »
Finally getting some bigger flask bottles. I tried a second size for bottling the bourbon barrel aged maple syrup last summer because so many customers were buying several of the 200 ml (6.76 fl oz) size after their first order. The new size is 375 ml (12.7 fl oz). It went so well I tried to order more last August but the vendor was out of them. I tried again about Oct. 1, they were still out. I then tried at least 6 other glass vendors, all were out. In Nov. I finally found a place who had 288,000 of them. I called to order but was told they only sell in truckload lots, which is 72,000 bottles. Way too many for me even if I decided to resell them because of the short supply.
Then in early Dec. I again tried to get some from my original supplier and was told they would have some about 12/20. I placed an order and paid for it then, with instructions to ship it as soon as they got that next shipment. Yesterday I got notice that they will be here late today. So tonight I will bottle some and have them ready for sale. If the arrive too late I may start with only a dozen or 2. I will then put some in my local retail outlet and some in my online inventory.
I won't get much done tomorrow because we are going to greet our grandson (the one who worked with me from age 7 until he graduated from college, working in my 4.5 acres of blueberries, working on maple syrup and helping run the sawmill. He started by tailing and graduated to running the sawmill. We took turns between sawing and tailing. Well, he has been in the Navy in the Seals program and has not been home since early last Feb. He gets home about noon tomorrow. We are going to greet him at the airport. We will be celebrating the rest of the day.
Any bottles that don't get filled by then will be done Saturday morning.
While delivery will not be possible for Christmas, I will be able to ship a few on Saturday, and many more on Monday. They should be able to be received before New Years. I normally do not allow orders for anything I don't have, but later today I will allow pre-orders for this item.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2018, 07:23:47 PM »
The shipment did in fact arrive. Tonight I only bottled 15 bottles but I will do more on Saturday. If you order now, it will not arrive for Christmas but I ship all orders received by 7:00 PM local time the next business day. If you more than I have in stock it will take 1 extra day to ship.

Offline WLC

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2019, 09:42:48 PM »
I saw on an earlier post that you only shipped to the lower 48.  Has that changed?  Willing to put it in a flat rate box coming to Alaska?
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »
Please, when you order, be sure to check that you learned about us on the FF. I just had to do reports on Nov. and Dec. to send in my 5%. It looked like some were missing. Do not put down "returning customer" , use the FF box. I read back thru orders from the last 24 months and compared, I found 5 orders that were FF, but did not show in on your order. I added those to my FF orders. If I had not done that the FF would have gotten much less in their payment. I have a program that picks, then tallies the FF orders, but that only works if you say FF on the order when you place it.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:18 PM »
I saw on an earlier post that you only shipped to the lower 48.  Has that changed?  Willing to put it in a flat rate box coming to Alaska?
For Alaska and Hawaii, please go to cnymaple.com and then send me an email for what you want. I will now check and get a rate for those and I can then ship. It may take considerably longer to get there. As of this posting I have not shipped any to Alaska but I will see if USPS rates are the same there. My email is   dave@cnymaple.com

Offline WLC

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »
Flat rate boxes are the same price anywhere in the USA, even to AK.  I'll send you an email with what I want and let you price out the shipping for me though.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

Offline maple flats

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2019, 04:37:18 PM »
I thought they were the same for all 50 states and not just the lower 48, but I sent the question to USPS. They said to ask my local P.O. It just confused me why they didn't just say all 50 states were the same.
If you are positive, just place your order at cnymaple.com and I will process it. I'll guess that their 2-3 day guarantee may not be valid for many places in remote Alaska.

Offline USAF_Bowhunter

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2019, 04:55:42 PM »
Count me in for one!

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2019, 05:31:56 PM »
Welcome to the Forestry Forum, USAF_Bowhunter!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF (1989), Retired School Bus Driver (2012), and now a Mobile Sawyer
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG2425 Kohler - Shingle & LapSider, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener and single-tooth setter, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain a Wood-Mizer

Offline Bolson400

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »
Just want to shout out and say how good this stuff is. To me, syrup has always been syrup. I bought some as a gift a few months ago for my wife, and she LOVES it! Today she made me try some, and if this is what real syrup tastes like, then I've been missing out for a while. Just wanted to say thanks.

Offline USAF_Bowhunter

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2019, 07:29:42 PM »
Amen!  Just got this in from Dave and it's amazing.  Definitely worth the cost if you're thinking about it.  it's a one of a kind delicacy.  My wife and kid love it too!!  I don't even eat waffles but made some just as an excuse to put this syrup on.  I'm moving on to the NYC maple syrup next.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Anyone have a barrel of cherry syrup?

Started by Dave Shepard on General Board

15 Replies
Last post February 15, 2008, 09:18:23 AM
by Dale Hatfield
xx
Maple Syrup....

Started by Mr Mom on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

15 Replies
Last post March 24, 2009, 02:26:53 PM
by SwampDonkey
xx
Maple Syrup!

Started by jrose1970 on General Board

306 Replies
Last post March 22, 2019, 06:36:45 PM
by Chuck White
xx
Maple Syrup

Started by Magicman on FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!

111 Replies
Last post October 07, 2012, 04:51:15 PM
by Kansas