iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cancar 20B clutch and brake bands de-laminating

Started by jdatwood, April 30, 2018, 10:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdatwood

Hello all, Has anyone tried to re-apply adhesive to the clutching/braking surface of the the winch to re-attach them to the steel band with reasonable success? I opened my winch up on a newly purchased skidder to service the winch. Everything looked pretty good in there besides the fact the rust has caused to the surfaces to begin to separate. The thickness of the pads are still as new. It looks like the winch was rebuild at some point but lack of use and moisture has caused problems. Time is on my side as its not a work machine. That being said ,I don't want to waste my time trying either. I'm glad I opened it up or I would've found the separated pieces in chunks. My plan was to clean the metal down to bare metal again in a vinegar bath and apply a special adhesive, then clamp. Opinions or experiences anyone can share I'd appreciate. Thanks in advance!

Gary Davis

I just had my clutches on my 8a realigned and it was only about 150.00  

jdatwood

Wow! Where did you find that deal? New bands I priced were nearly $900 to get the set all done and new again. 

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

jdatwood

I can’t see why not. Davco didn’t seem to think adhesive would work but they’re glued from the factory so I don’t understand that logic. Seems to me if you buy the correct adhesive and clean everything up bare bright again then you’d be fine.

Thank You Sponsors!