iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Running Utilities

Started by jfruge, June 15, 2018, 06:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfruge

I just joined this site. I've been reading the forums for the past few weeks. Tons of great info. I am planning on building a 24x36 gable carriage shed style shop in my backyard. I plan on having 2/3 of the shop to have a loft for a game room. The other 1/3 will be open all the way to ceiling to expose the beams. Eventually I will add a 12x36 lean to. I live on the gulf coast in Louisiana. Lots of humidity and chances for hurricanes. I plan on using 8x8 post. Their is a lumber yard down the road. I am trying to go as local as possible. I've had several bad situations with big box stores. I plan on using treated pine. My main question would be if the chemicals in the treated lumber would ruin pex piping for pulmbing. Also how any tips of running/hiding uitilities would be great. Also if anyone has any other advice or things they wish they did or put in I am all ears. It's going to be a shop for my tools. And part of it will be a man cave area to brew beer. I plan on putting a wood burning stove. Also I am adding a utility room next to my bathroom. All the utilities will go in there. A/C unit, sink, fridge, floor drain, storage. Thanks for any tips and looking forward to being part of this sight. 

James

btulloh

I can't really help with any of those details, but I'd be glad to help with the first batch of beer.  8)

Welcome to the Forestry Forum and good luck with your building.
HM126

Fallguy

You could try posting your PEX question on this site it is all about PEX systems. www.pexuniverse.com

Jim_Rogers

Some pictures in my gallery:

Electrical stuff -

and a few in this one:

Enclosing a Frame -

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

fishfighter

Should have no problems with your PEX. To get a good price on treat pine, check Craigslist. There is a company way over in Alabama that sells it real cheap along with timbers too! Check that out. It could save you a ton of money.

Don P

Humidity doesn't cause rot so no need to treat once up off the ground a bit in that regard. Treated does kill wood consuming insects although it doesn't do anything for things like carpenter bees that are just nesting but not swallowing. Borate will do the same thing at lower toxicity and no green color for interior wood. The green in treated is copper and can have galvanic corrosion issues if in contact with dissimilar metals and moisture, I'm not seeing moisture in this scenario though. Good luck with the project, sounds like fun.

jfruge

Thank y'all for the tips.

Thank You Sponsors!