AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Central Boiler 750 - not a happy customer - serious issues with cleaning  (Read 1652 times)

Offline Bob Lentz

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
    • Back40Ranch
I owned a CB eClassic 2400 for 3 years - over that period of time, the interior welds on the firebox started to give way.  I opted to "upgrade" to a 750.  1st year, no issues.  1/2 way through 2nd year, stove started to have issues getting to temp, burning a ton of wood.  I paid my dealer to come out and do a thorough cleaning - he had to climb inside the unit to get to the heat exchangers.  Put it back together and 2 months later, same issues.  I was told CB new cleaning method of chains was best system - not so for me - they get coated in creosote and are un-movable.  Now, i have to take apart the interior firebox and un-bolt the back plates to gain access to the chains/heat exchanger.  And, i will need to climb inside the stove in order to reach these items. MAJOR design flaw as they dumped the chains and re-designed access to the heat exchanger from the outside.   Thinking about dumping this junk and buying a crown royal (good reviews from what i see)

Thoughts?
eClassic-2400
Triangle Tube Backup (Propane)
Heating 6500 sqft house and small pool

Offline E Yoder

• Heating with a HeatMaster GS100
    • Share Post
I wonder if there's a clog in the incoming air channels. Creosote is usually a sign of choked airflow.
HeatMaster dealer support in VA.
GS100.

Online doctorb

• Administrator
  • Unofficial Team Physician
    • Share Post
I agree.  Theres something not right leading to that much buildup.  Usually an air flow problem.  Think of it this way, if it was just a design flaw, why did you have such a long honeymoon during year #1?  No, the story sounds like its something logged somewhere.  Of course, I dont know your dealer, but I would talk to someone who Owns and operates a 750.  Your dealer may not.  Have you talked to someone at CB?
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

Offline E Yoder

• Share Post
When the dealer came to do the cleanout did he unbolt the channels down each side in the firebox? I wonder if creosote has been running down the firebox walls and puddled behind the air holes. ? This is just my ideas from seeing the Edge units at a few shows.
GS100.

Offline E Yoder

• Share Post
Any updates on your situation?
GS100.

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
There should never be anything but a small amouint of dry fly ash accumulating in the rear exchangers if you are achieving 1,000+ reaction chamber temps. If you are plugging up with wet creosote you have an air flow issue. Your first clue is when you no longer get 1,000+ reaction chamber temps. Find the issue and clear before you plug up those rear exchangers. I've looked at the Edge units and like what I see. Front and side air channel panels all removable. Check primary elbow too. From what I understand the chains should be pumped up and down a couple times a week anyway, just like the handle apperatus needs to be shaken daily on other gassers. Correct coal bed depth and air flow must be maintained on all gasser brands. Nature of the beast and not that hard to do. My 2010 E-classic 2400 with no removable panels still has had no issues because I understand it and keep it where it needs to be. I read many of your previous posts and it looks like you have had a lot of issues getting a handle on this. From what I've seen of the Edge, it looks like it should be even easier.

Offline buckgrunt

• E-Classic 2300
    • Share Post
That does not sound like fun.   What kind of wood are you burning ?   I know that your wood should be dry.  These gassers need dry wood.  If not, they will not function properly.  

Offline Logging logginglogging

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: Central Boiler 750 - not a happy customer - serious issues with cleaning
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 02:24:54 PM »
So far with my 750, I have only had light dry ash in the bottom for the most part and the chains are staying free. I have only had it one heating season, and have only burned dry hardwood.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter