Draw for handbuilt acoustic guitar get your name in

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Woodmizer eg 200  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Lawg Dawg

• True South Sawmill Lumber
    • Share Post
Re: Woodmizer eg 200
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2018, 09:39:46 PM »
Well the edger is more than halfway back here from Pennsylvania.  Dad sent a few pics and confirmed that it is a 24 hp yanmar diesel. Happy about that , I much prefer the yanmar to the kohler. I see a lot of yanmar diesels around the marina and I've never heard an owner say a bad thing about them. Here she is in stunning woodmizer orange.

(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)

(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)

Can't beat brand new orange paint when you're buy wood sawing equipment. She should serve you well for many years! I'm envious! ;D
LT 40 Wide 999cc
John Deere 4000, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong.

True South Sawmill Lumber,  located  approximately 45 miles south of Charlotte, NC

Offline Busysawyer

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2018, 09:52:42 PM »
Sam , I'm sure this is the edger we were supposed to get. I just think the sales people are getting their info on some of the equipment wrong.  Maybe a change in production and they weren't aware of it yet. They picked the machine up from Marty himself. They forgot the hitch for the truck and Marty let them borrow his. Said he seemed to be a really nice guy and both if them had nothing but good things to say about their experience there. My uncle said he was shipping Marty's hitch back to him tommorow. I'm gonna have to give him a call and remind him just in case.
Lawg dawg I'm sure this edger will last a long time and with the yanmar diesel it should be quite a few years before it needs a motor replacement. If you want to talk about envy, how about those barn pics you put up in the watcha sawing thread. I'd love something like that, first thing I thought was wow that's nice my township probably wouldn't even let me build something like that.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

Offline Busysawyer

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2018, 06:51:00 PM »
Any of you guys modify your woodmizer edgers for dust collection? I have a woodmaster 5 horse blower hooked up to my mill right now and would like to set it up for collection on the edger as well.

Offline Percy

• Senior Member x2
  • Resident trouble maker
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2018, 12:04:15 PM »
Any of you guys modify your woodmizer edgers for dust collection? I have a woodmaster 5 horse blower hooked up to my mill right now and would like to set it up for collection on the edger as well.
Years ago I had a blower/sucker/whatever hooked up to a box I built under the edger. It worked ....ok... but the time saved shoveling was offset by dealing with plug ups from short chunks of edgings getting jammed in the piping and the blower took a beating from knots and alla the short sticks that went thru. Perhaps you could build a "Grizzly"(simple device under edger with slots/boards that are at about a 45 degree angle. The sticks and chunks slide down the the 45 degree angle but the wind from the blower sucks the smaller sawdust..
That diesel looks awesome.  smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Offline Peter Drouin

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • A&P Saw mill LLC
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
Nice talking with you today, I hope I helped you fix your new edger. Call anytime. :)
2008 LT40 super,2008 edger, Cat telahandler, JD 5410 And can cut up to 45' long
http://www.forestryforum.com/sanbornton     NH Timberland Owners Association supporter.
And a license NH soft wood grader.
Sawing since 1987

Offline Busysawyer

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2018, 12:36:24 PM »
Percy, thanks for the tips on the dust collection.  I'll try to rig something when I have time. 
Peter, thank you for the advice.  I did as you instructed and pulled a line through the machine from tip to tail.  Blades and rollers were straight and square but fence alignment was about 3/16 out of line. This explains why short boards like 8' and 9' would come out fairly straight while the longer boards were unacceptable.  I aligned the fence to the blades and ran a few long boards through and it is cutting much better so far.  I'll see how it does tommorow when we get back into production. Thank you for your advice, it is greatly appreciated.  Woodmizer trys to be helpful but I've learned right away if I have an issue to call people like you, Gary, Robert and Doug. Guys that run this equipment full time day in and day out to make a living. The knowledge you guys have from years of experience is mind boggling. Marty Parsons and his staff are very knowledgeable as well and have been great to work with. He called me Friday night after hours and had a couple suggestions as well. We are probably going to be buying an incline conveyor and transfer table through them and will definitely use them for all future woodmizer purchases.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Woodmizer hydraulic mill and Woodmizer Edger

Started by Keith Edge on For Sale

0 Replies
Last post December 22, 2008, 08:11:51 AM
by Keith Edge
xx
Set on a Woodmizer , now which one ?

Started by Paddlefish on Sawmills and Milling

25 Replies
Last post November 25, 2012, 10:00:28 PM
by GeorgeK