iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Author Topic: Who are the 81 guest's viewing this board?  (Read 3073 times)

Offline OutlawB52

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: Who are the 81 guest's viewing this board?
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »
Well I joined awhile ago but am just lurking. The information here is staggering and a little intimidating. Had a circular saw in the 70's ( still pilled up in the back ) but have recently purchase a 2003 LT40 super with 51 hp Cat ( 1200 hrs ). Marty just went over the whole rig and I picked it up last week. I live in the real Southern NJ . Will post pics when I figure it out. 

Offline otternorth

• Greatings from the north
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 01:42:32 AM »
Im often a guest-not logging on because I forgot my password or, being a beginner, not having comments worth posting. 
Many thanks to those who share their wisdom and experience to those of us sorting out a new mill and how to make rounds into squares and rectangles. 
Moved to
Alaska where its warmer and less snow than where Im from......

Offline PA_Walnut

• Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 06:36:46 AM »
The software is configured to exclude known bots from those returns. Those are real people looking at real things.  The content on the forum is huge, accumulated over almost two decades now.  We have discussed almost everything over the years and that is all available in a google search. Well, almost all, any areas accessible only to members is not in google.  We see all the time where new members say they have been reading for months or sometimes even years. We also have members that are somewhere viewing on a machine where they don't feel comfortable logging in say like hotels or such.

Two decades of information is amazing! Do you have any metrics on the total # of threads or total log-ins during this time? Those numbers must be astounding!
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Baker Portable Edger with Kubota Diesel
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln

Offline moodnacreek

• Sawin by the notches
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 07:59:23 AM »
Real old fashioned hard working people don't talk so much. I always feel lazy when I'm on the internet.     Three sawyers I no up north don't use computers yet.

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 08:19:21 AM »
or, being a beginner, not having comments worth posting
Speak up.  If we all waited until we had something worth posting before posting, nothing would be said.  Many times "off the cuff" remarks will spark interest and a whole 'nother conversation is generated.   smiley_gossip
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
  • I never met an air conditioner I didn't like
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 08:56:39 AM »
Speak up.  If we all waited until we had something worth posting before posting, nothing would be said.  Many times "off the cuff" remarks will spark interest and a whole 'nother conversation is generated.  

True.  I never have much worth posting, but I post anyway. :D Sometimes I get a conversation.  Sometimes just crickets.  
HM126

Offline Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 09:28:43 AM »
I have created a couple of topics that never got a single response.  :-\  I have seen others create topics and then get dismayed when they died, but that is just the way it is sometimes.  I do not have the statistics but I have watched topics easily get 100 views to one response.  Other times a topic may sit for several days and then seemingly explode with interest.

I have also seen a small off the cuff comment be the exact answer that I was needing.  I have also gotten answers without even knowing that there was a better or easier way.  The Forestry Forum Rocks with it's vast knowledge base and the willingness of the members to help and share their experience.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline Lawg Dawg

• True South Sawmill Lumber
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 09:38:21 AM »
I have created a couple of topics that never got a single response.  :-\  I have seen others create topics and then get dismayed when they died, but that is just the way it is sometimes.  I do not have the statistics but I have watched topics easily get 100 views to one response.  Other times a topic may sit for several days and then seemingly explode with interest.

I have also seen a small off the cuff comment be the exact answer that I was needing.  I have also gotten answers without even knowing that there was a better or easier way.  The Forestry Forum Rocks with it's vast knowledge base and the willingness of the members to help and share their experience.
Absolutely correct MM, the reason I posted this question!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc
John Deere 5020, John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2018, 11:11:21 AM »
I have also seen a small off the cuff comment be the exact answer that I was needing.  I have also gotten answers without even knowing that there was a better or easier way.  The Forestry Forum Rocks with it's vast knowledge base and the willingness of the members to help and share their experience

Absolutely.  I've never posted a question that didn't get answered.  Even when the question has been answered a 100 times over the years.  I can't imagine where I'd be without the help and info I've gotten here.

Offline btulloh

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2018, 08:35:42 PM »
Since this topic started I have been checking out the stats at the bottom from time to time.  Right now it shows 595 guests . It seems like the number of guests hss been steadily going up.  Nothing wrong with guests and traffic. Just interesting. Seems like there has been an increase in the number of new members and new mills too. Do you think sawmilling is the new fad sweeping the country?

Offline Lawg Dawg

• Share Post
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2018, 09:21:08 PM »
Since this topic started I have been checking out the stats at the bottom from time to time.  Right now it shows 595 guests . It seems like the number of guests hss been steadily going up.  Nothing wrong with guests and traffic. Just interesting. Seems like there has been an increase in the number of new members and new mills too. Do you think sawmilling is the new fad sweeping the country?
I'm also intrested in this... :) Good observations!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc
John Deere 5020, John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Offline Grizzly

• I wanna go camping!
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2018, 11:26:18 AM »
I joined up cause I saw a bunch of guys doing what I wanted to do and I needed to learn. All is good in that regards. Then I started reading and got to know some folks better cause they post a bunch more than some others. Again all is good. Then I started to learn about "Da Goat" and skirts and purple drank and such and more... and it was almost too much! Had I known about some of this earlier would I have raced to become a member just cause I figured he must be a great guy? Or would I have remained an unknown guest never quite sure whether to join such craziness? Ya gots to wunder??   ;D ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
Cooks Cat Claw & Dual tooth setter
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Offline Lawg Dawg

• Share Post
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2018, 03:43:08 PM »
I joined up cause I saw a bunch of guys doing what I wanted to do and I needed to learn. All is good in that regards. Then I started reading and got to know some folks better cause they post a bunch more than some others. Again all is good. Then I started to learn about "Da Goat" and skirts and purple drank and such and more... and it was almost too much! Had I known about some of this earlier would I have raced to become a member just cause I figured he must be a great guy? Or would I have remained an unknown guest never quite sure whether to join such craziness? Ya gots to wunder??   ;D ;D
Yep, this is THE place to learn about foresty!  I mostly kept quiet for the first 7 years of my milling adventure.  Just absorbing knowledge and putting it to work.  But after I was able to upgrade to the 40 wide earlier this year...just felt like I had something to be proud of and share some of my experiences with this group, that unknowingly helped me so much over the years! :P
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Offline redbeard

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • whidbeysawmill.comwww.whidbeysawmill.com
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2018, 11:43:58 PM »
The goats (i mean guests) count dose rise when Da Goat is online. 
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling   06 B-20 Timberking 30hp gas.  Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill    86 F-700 boom truck    JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Are you a guest?

Started by Jeff on General Board

0 Replies
Last post August 23, 2002, 03:08:41 PM
by Jeff
xx
A guest

Started by Magicman on The Outdoor Board

2 Replies
Last post April 28, 2012, 10:31:42 PM
by Magicman