TURBOSAWMILL GIANT SALE ON NOW UNTIL OCTOBER 31st

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Lt 70 lubimizer  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Carpenter

• Share Post
    • Niobrara Timber and Woodworks
Re: Lt 70 lubimizer
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 11:26:37 PM »
When I lifted timbers off the mill, I would raise them up with the roller toe board system to get them up enough for the fork lift to get them without hitting the mill bed.
Jim Rogers
That's another good piece of advice.  And, that's why I joined the Forestry Forum in the first place.  That has been an issue, which was why I had to do another bed alignment at the end of the day yesterday.  Two bunks on the bed extension got lifted.  I was not the one driving the forklift at the time, but I heard some metal clanging and got to fix the aftermath.  It happens, it's difficult to see where your forks are at all times, could have happened to me.  

Offline DR_Buck

• Senior Member x2
  • Nuff said.....
    • Share Post
    • Got Logs?
Re: Lt 70 lubimizer
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2018, 09:44:34 AM »
On the big logs that are difficult to turn where you are using the fork lift, you an assist turning by using the hydraulic clamp.   It has more power for lifting the than the standard claw turner and probably the chain turner as well.   Just move the clamp out to the farthest point where you can lift the log/cant.  Then raise it up as far as it will go, then apply the turner.  Lifting the log/cant changes the angle of the turner to where is requires less power to function.   It's a physics leverage thing.   I've done this many times with success on my LT40 on logs that the loading arms could barely lift.
Hidden Acres Farm
Been there, done that.   Never got caught

Wood-Mizer LT40HDG38
Lucas Dedicated 60" Slabber

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter