Draw for handbuilt acoustic guitar get your name in

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Hydraulic hose  (Read 1635 times)

Offline moodnacreek

• Sawin by the notches
    • Share Post
Re: Hydraulic hose
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 10:24:13 AM »
For the common pipe thread and jic flare ; Surplus center as mentioned but I still use a lot of the old reuseable  fittings that everyone threw away.

Offline Stuart Caruk

• Woodmizer LX450 DieselStationary timber processing
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 05:02:23 PM »
I use NAPA for hose and hydraulic fitting ONLY when it's the weekend and I need to get a machine running. Fittings cost about 4 times what the local hydraulics wholesale supply sells them for, and completed hoses are about 2 two 3 times. We have several good hydraulics shops in town. One primarily sells fittings and they are the cheapest in town. The other sells mostly custom fabricated hoses and since that's their specialty, they are the cheapest. I prefer to get my hose made by them because they pull a plug through the hoses to make sure there is no debris left in them, and they put a heat shrink covering on the ends to keep them from getting contaminated during installation. All for the best price in town.

We have 2 NAPAs close to me. One services the farm stuff primarily and the other is more for auto parts. Same name, completely different prices, attitudes, and abilities. They are competitively priced at what they do best. But hoses... not so much.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Offline Rhodemont

• LT35HD JD4720 Norse 350 Stihl 362
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 11:03:58 AM »
Had to replace a hose on my JD backhoe.  Was quite surprised that the proper part number hose at JD dealer was about half the price of Napa and the hydraulic shop.  Glad I was not in a hurry and was going by JD anyway! 

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »
John Deere's pricing for parts is hard to figure. I've got a bunch of old ones and some big parts are reasonable wile some simple little thing they take a tuck on you. Seems they get your confidence up and then nail you. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Offline jtmccallum

• Full Member x2
  • I need to edit my profile!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »
Had a 3ft. 3/8 hose with jic fittings made up this at local Case/IH dealer this week.   38.00  We also have a hydraulic shop nearby that is reasonable as well. 
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,  MS361, Logrite Cant Hook  CASE 1210 W/ Loader

Offline crowhill

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2018, 08:23:39 PM »
I read this post couple days ago and thought it had been so long since I had to buy a hydraulic hose I had no idea what my cost had been. Well I found out this morning working the Kubota! Blew three hoses on the loader digging out a six inch black birch stump. 3 lines each less than 30” long, 4 straight fittings @ $13 ea. and two elbows @ $25 ea, hose was $44 and then tax. Came to $154.76 total. A local garage, dropped their wrenches and built my 3/8” @ 4800psi lines. 
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws, 26 chickens and Hereford beef cattle.

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2018, 10:18:17 PM »
Blew a pressure washer hose right at a rub spot a foot from the current fitting.  Chopped it off, went into my bins, found the right end and fired up the trusty old aeroquip.  

Back in business.
Revelation 3:20

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
hydraulic hose

Started by bedway on General Board

3 Replies
Last post September 25, 2011, 12:20:07 PM
by maple flats
xx
Hydraulic hose's.

Started by BargeMonkey on Forestry and Logging

49 Replies
Last post January 25, 2016, 02:31:26 PM
by xalexjx