iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Vacutherm iDry input  (Read 14493 times)

Offline Glenn1

• Drying lumber one board at a time
    • Share Post
    • GPS Hardwoods
Re: Vacutherm iDry input
« Reply #240 on: January 26, 2019, 07:35:37 PM »

The settings for Temperature and Vacuum are not locked, you can change then anytime. The lock is to setup remote access connection. This setup is usually done before shipping but if it ever needs to change it can be.

The remote access is for the owner and from any location using the internet you can see, run, and change anything.

Hello Brian,
Glad to see that you joined our little group.  Your assistance will definitely be appreciated.
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Offline schwanee

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #241 on: January 30, 2019, 12:18:24 AM »
Well this thread has certainly grown since itís beginning. Iím happy to say that we have ours on order!  You guys have been a huge help in preparation.

Offline schwanee

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #242 on: January 30, 2019, 04:47:20 PM »
Has anyone tried drying cookies in the iDry yet? Or pecan?

Offline jfric

• Share Post
« Reply #243 on: January 30, 2019, 07:04:36 PM »
Has anyone tried drying cookies in the iDry yet? Or pecan?
I put pecan cookies in on Monday, so Iíll have an answer for you in a couple weeks. 
iDRY vacuum kiln, Nyle L200m kiln, Woodmizer LT15-Wide, Bobcat S300, Stihl MS880, 36" and 60" Granberg Alaskan Mills, Ford F550 flatbed.

Offline WDH

• Forester
  • Administrator
  • April 1998 - August 2008
    • Share Post
    • hamsleyhardwood.com
« Reply #244 on: January 30, 2019, 08:39:01 PM »
I planed some pecan ( smiley_devil) today.  So far, only three flat boards in the first 150 bf :).  The chop saw and jointer are getting a workout.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5640SU, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Offline Stephen1

• Senior Member x2
  • Where there is a will, there is a way!
    • Share Post
    • muskoka Sawmill
« Reply #245 on: January 31, 2019, 12:48:23 PM »
I see cookies going in, in the promo shots. I'd like to see them when they come out.
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Offline PA_Walnut

• Share Post
« Reply #246 on: February 02, 2019, 06:57:06 AM »
I am curious as to why there's no interaction with iDry reps on here? I see that they are a sponsor, so I assume they know it's here. Anyone?  ???
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Baker Portable Edger with Kubota Diesel
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln

Offline Stephen1

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • muskoka Sawmill
« Reply #247 on: February 02, 2019, 08:35:31 AM »
I am wondering how much water is coming out of the kiln? wood water and or the cooling water for the vacuum pump? I am trying to decide if I need to break my floor so I can bring a drain over to the kiln.  
Can I just drain this unit outside? through a hole in the wall. 
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Offline GAB

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #248 on: February 02, 2019, 01:03:21 PM »
@japarker4 
Earth to Jim - - Earth to Jim
Can you reply to replies 245 & 246?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34 w/6' ext & SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Offline jfric

• Share Post
« Reply #249 on: February 02, 2019, 05:53:47 PM »
I believe briankingsbury, who responded to a couple questions about a week ago, works at idry.

You can run an aboveground pipe out through the wall. That is what I have done. The vacuum pump uses .75 gallons of water per minute while drawing the vacuum. It took the kiln about 20-25 minutes to draw the vacuum when I loaded it, and it does the same once about every 24 hours since the kiln releases the vacuum to run the drain cycle. The amount of wood water drained daily will depend on the load and how long it's been in. On the first day, this load drained wood water for about 8 1/2 minutes. There was a pretty good amount of water coming out that whole time, but not a tidal flow. My drain pipe is 2 1/2" and I ran the water supply line inside the drain pipe so I wouldn't have to drill two holes in the building. Keep in mind there are two separate drains on the unit, one for the vacuum and one for the wood water. They are about 2" apart and come out of the bottom left corner when you are standing at and facing the rear of the kiln.

I had zero problem getting answers from idry before I ordered my kiln and I've had the same experience since I received the unit about 2 weeks ago. If you have a pressing question I recommend calling them. Very nice people.
iDRY vacuum kiln, Nyle L200m kiln, Woodmizer LT15-Wide, Bobcat S300, Stihl MS880, 36" and 60" Granberg Alaskan Mills, Ford F550 flatbed.

Offline Glenn1

• Share Post
    • GPS Hardwoods
« Reply #250 on: February 03, 2019, 07:18:12 AM »
I would also agree with jfric.  Brian at Vacutherm is the technical point man and has helped me when Ive had questions. If heís not available when I call, he gets back to me very quickly with a return call.  
Vacutherm IDry, Nyle 53 Kiln, New Holland Skid Steer, Kaufman Gooseneck Trailer, Whitney 32A Planer

Offline Stephen1

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • muskoka Sawmill
« Reply #251 on: February 03, 2019, 11:01:35 AM »
I like to post questions here when I have lots of time for the answers. It helps others on the forum and keeps the forum alive.
I have had no customer service problems dealing with Jim or the staff at IDRY . They respond to all my questions. 
The other sponsors on here have great customer service also, I call when I have concerns that need an answer to sooner than later. 

Offline Just Right

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
    • JustRightSawing
« Reply #252 on: February 03, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
Glenn I may do what you did with the crushed concrete.  Definately less money.  But my question if bout how Thick would concrete need to be.  And what are you and anyone else with the water hook up, and the water exhausted?  How much water comes out and could you just run it on top of the ground?  Thanks.  Have enjoyed the updates from everybody and am starting my shed/building to put this puppy in.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Offline Peter Drouin

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • A&P Saw mill LLC
« Reply #253 on: February 03, 2019, 08:43:01 PM »
popcorn_smiley smiley_book2_page
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Offline Glenn1

• Share Post
    • GPS Hardwoods
« Reply #254 on: February 04, 2019, 07:36:40 AM »
The crushed concrete was 6Ē thick but compaction was a very important step. We used a 3 ton double roller to go back and forth. Then we added four 6 x6 for the kiln legs to rest on. This made it easier to shim the kiln.  Our barn is raised above the surrounding ground so we have the the pipe going thru the wall and running out towards our creek.  

When the wood is green, there is quite a bit of water running out of the kiln.  

Offline woodworker9

• Share Post
    • Elite Concrete Raising Co.
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2019, 01:06:05 PM »
I, too, am watching this thread with great interest, as I'm giving serious consideration to buying one of these kilns.  I understand that any pressing questions can be answered with phone calls, but I use this forum as a means for learning from other peoples questions, as well, and not just mine.  I think it would be very beneficial if someone from Idry would monitor this thread and give the necessary answers.  There are great questions that are being asked, as well as important details included from the growing number of you that have already made your purchase.  Typically, I'm the type that doesn't spend my money until my research is complete, and I've learned most of what I need to in order to make an informed decision.  

I will continue to read this thread with the hope that participation in this discussion grows.  It's a very perfect way to get a lot of questions and answers compiled in one tidy place.  Not ever having owned a kiln, I don't even think of half of the questions that have already been asked here.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

Offline Just Right

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
    • JustRightSawing
« Reply #256 on: February 07, 2019, 10:03:29 AM »
Glenn,  I am pretty much flat around here so I don't want a mud hole so I will probably do a redneck septic system since it is just "gray" water.  I thank you for your input.  From what I am seeing what you and Busy are doing,  seems to me (other than oak) that in order to dry different species,  it is important to have the moisture content of each similar when putting them in.  Have you noticed better service of drying if you keep the charge all the same species?  Thanks
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

Offline Glenn1

• Share Post
    • GPS Hardwoods
« Reply #257 on: February 08, 2019, 09:03:21 PM »
As long as the moisture content are similar, there is no problem in mixing species.  If you mix moisture content, the worse case scenario is that you will need to remove the dry wood and leave the others in the kiln to continue to dry.

Offline schwanee

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #258 on: February 09, 2019, 07:21:59 PM »
Has anyone with this kiln set up the water supply with a tank and pump? Iíll be setting mine up in an area where I may not have a water supply and am working on options. The kiln only requires 0.75 GPM to cool off the vac pump.

Would love to hear if any of you guys have any good ideas!

Offline Crusarius

• Senior Member x2
  • Lost in....
    • Share Post
    • RockModified.com
« Reply #259 on: February 09, 2019, 09:36:40 PM »
I would think setting up a cooling loop with a radiator and fan just like in a vehicle would work perfect.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Please welcome our newest sponsor! iDRY Vaccum kilns

Started by Jeff on General Board

18 Replies
Last post December 02, 2018, 08:04:14 AM
by fishpharmer
xx
looking for input

Started by little-guy on Sawmills and Milling

7 Replies
Last post January 06, 2006, 01:35:12 AM
by little-guy