TURBOSAWMILL GIANT SALE ON NOW UNTIL OCTOBER 31st

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: New EZ Boardwalk Jr not cutting straight  (Read 2686 times)

Online Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
Re: New EZ Boardwalk Jr not cutting straight
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »
Make sure that the blade is level with the bunk, both side to side and end to end!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF (1989), Retired School Bus Driver (2012), and now a Mobile Sawyer
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG2425 Kohler - Shingle & LapSider, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain the Wood-Mizer.
I LOVE MY SAWMILL

Offline SawyerTed

• Summey Lumber Services, LLC
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2018, 04:26:19 PM »
Check your blade installation instructions just to be sure you are putting them on correctly.   Is it possible the band wheels are taking the set out of the inside/top teeth because the teeth are riding on the wheel?
Woodmizer LT35HD25, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2018, 05:25:01 PM »
Says in the instructions to have the back edge of the blade even with the back of the wheel, it doesnt appear that the teeth ride on the wheel but will double check to be sure. They dont give you much of instruction guide, mostly just maintenance.

Offline hturner12

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2018, 08:40:58 PM »
If you are still having problems call Stanton. If you have it directly on the ground your frame is following the contur of the ground.
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Offline never finished

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2018, 09:33:47 PM »
 The track must be level side to side and, straight end to end.

Offline hturner12

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »
When they do competions the set the end to end on a slight head to foot down angle. Kinda makes it autofeed.
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 08:26:07 AM »
I appreciate the feedback guys. Unfortunately, I havent been able to get back to it until yesterday. I have the track almost 100% level on some 4x4's. I put maybe a 4 1/2 foot ash log on it that was given to me and made a slab that was about 1/12 off from end to end. The log started to move around a little as it was getting close to the end so I'm figuring that might be the reason its off just a little. The good news is I'm definitely alot better off than last weekend, bad news its raining this morning.

Offline hturner12

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 08:28:09 AM »
I appreciate the feedback guys. Unfortunately, I havent been able to get back to it until yesterday. I have the track almost 100% level on some 4x4's. I put maybe a 4 1/2 foot ash log on it that was given to me and made a slab that was about 1/12 off from end to end. The log started to move around a little as it was getting close to the end so I'm figuring that might be the reason its off just a little. The good news is I'm definitely alot better off than last weekend, bad news its raining this morning.
Darren 
Where you able to use both clamps?
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 10:02:02 AM »
No, not on that small log

Offline hturner12

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Thanks
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2018, 06:18:19 PM »
How are these blades that come with the Jr for hardwood? I switched to some Hemlock with much better results from the ash. The boards are a little off yet but came out so much nicer, they are very close to perfect. The track is a touch springy in the middle so that could be why the hemlock I milled is off a little. He'll of alot better than any wood at lowes or home depot tho. Will try and post pictures later

Offline hturner12

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 10:02:10 PM »
Have not had a chance to try them. First the fuel system on the tractor  acted up. Git it fixed then it started jumping out of forward. The tractor is at my neighbors shop so we can split it and find the problem. Plus the rain from the storm.

In a spirited  discussion  with the wife she brought up the fact  of how much I spent on the  mill and have not cut the first log. Reminded her again the tractor down and unles she wants  to be on the cant hook  while  I am on the pevy to move and load   the logs by hand got to wait till tractor is up, 
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 11:11:43 PM »
I hear ya there. Definitely easier with the equipment, I havent done anything to big as of yet to need the tractor. I took a look and the blades that come with it are meant woods that are softer. 93ss is what they come with, I believe it said 83ss for woods that are harder. Best of luck with your tractor, hope you get it straightened out so you can get to milling. There's been a little frustration trying to get it setup correct but ive been having fun as I go.

Offline Downstream

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2018, 01:06:30 AM »
Here are a couple of more helpful comments.  First the blade rollers have a small step to a slightly larger diameter at their base.  those steps create the backstop surface the back edge of the blade should butt up against.  Second if you are sawing shorter logs that don't reach to both clamps in the std position you can move the clamps closer by removing one and re-positioning it in the pre-drilled holes in the frame rails between the cross members.  only takes a few minutes to move it.
EZ Boardwalk Jr,  Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Stihl 660 and 211, Logrite 60" cant hook, Dixie 32 Tongs

Offline LeeB

• Senior Member x2
  • proud to be a TEXAN in Arkansas
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2018, 01:31:25 AM »

In a spirited  discussion  with the wife she brought up the fact  of how much I spent on the  mill and have not cut the first log. Reminded her again the tractor down and unles she wants  to be on the cant hook  while  I am on the pevy to move and load   the logs by hand got to wait till tractor is up,

Tell her it's a better hobby than hanging out in the local beer joint. 
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Offline hturner12

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2018, 03:37:14 AM »

In a spirited  discussion  with the wife she brought up the fact  of how much I spent on the  mill and have not cut the first log. Reminded her again the tractor down and unles she wants  to be on the cant hook  while  I am on the pevy to move and load   the logs by hand got to wait till tractor is up,

Tell her it's a better hobby than hanging out in the local beer joint.
Stopped drinking long time ago, but I know what you are saying. I got to saw just the lumber for the interior of the our house under design however I been giving thought once I get some  experiance of do8ng a few jobs a month  to cover the payment. 
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2018, 06:36:13 AM »
Here are a couple of more helpful comments.  First the blade rollers have a small step to a slightly larger diameter at their base.  those steps create the backstop surface the back edge of the blade should butt up against.  Second if you are sawing shorter logs that don't reach to both clamps in the std position you can move the clamps closer by removing one and re-positioning it in the pre-drilled holes in the frame rails between the cross members.  only takes a few minutes to move it.
My blade looked like maybe it had a slight slant to it. I would drag the saw head back across the top of the log and watch it as a guide to see how it looked and the teeth seem like they are angled down compared to the back of the blade, normal? As far as the clamps go I should have realised that, thank you for pointing that out.

Offline Skipper11A

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2018, 01:08:28 PM »
Darren,  EZ Boardwalk ships with Timberwolf 10 blades which are marketed as "General purpose" but really don't work well in very hard woods especially when you are making very wide cuts.  They are great blades, just the wrong angle for "hard to cut" and "extremely hard to cut" woods.  I reground my Timberwolf blades to 4 and get MUCH better performance from them in hard woods.  I reground them with EZ Boardwalk's blade sharpener with the diamond wheel, and used a protractor to set the angle.

Many forum members use 4 blades while others a using Turbo 7 blades with good results.

Offline Darren

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2018, 04:46:13 PM »
Darren,  EZ Boardwalk ships with Timberwolf 10 blades which are marketed as "General purpose" but really don't work well in very hard woods especially when you are making very wide cuts.  They are great blades, just the wrong angle for "hard to cut" and "extremely hard to cut" woods.  I reground my Timberwolf blades to 4 and get MUCH better performance from them in hard woods.  I reground them with EZ Boardwalk's blade sharpener with the diamond wheel, and used a protractor to set the angle.

Many forum members use 4 blades while others a using Turbo 7 blades with good results.
Awesome, thank you

Offline justallan1

• Senior Member x2
  • living and learning
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2018, 05:51:46 AM »
I agree with Skipper.
Sawing ash definitely requires something other than a 10 degree blade.
I have an EZ Jr. and had to use a 4 degree blade to saw some wide ash logs. I initially tried the 7 degree blade and with the angle of the blade on the EZ adding to the hook angle it actually draws the blade into the logs causing it to dive.
My mill likes the Kasco blades and I like the price.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Cutting big ugly spruce straight.

Started by ladylake on Sawmills and Milling

23 Replies
Last post October 15, 2013, 01:08:24 AM
by barbender
xx
Alaskan Mill: 066: Saw not cutting straight?

Started by bandyfro on Chainsaws

13 Replies
Last post August 04, 2018, 07:52:47 AM
by maple flats
xx
bigger logs, not cutting straight

Started by lyle niemi on Sawmills and Milling

10 Replies
Last post March 13, 2012, 08:24:03 AM
by bandmiller2
xx
Swingarm mill not cutting straight???