AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: About How Long To Cut  (Read 1640 times)

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
Re: About How Long To Cut
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »
I said thats what i would do and i stand by it for my region.  We have logging operations of every size (how many F250s with bunks out your way skeans?)  Lot of con men out here and its tricky to sort them out before hand.  Thats their craft, putting you at ease long enough to score and scram. Ive given the best advice i can to outfox the hidden bandit and that was my goal.  The OP can disregard if it doesnt apply
Revelation 3:20

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2018, 09:45:27 PM »
Industrial scams go like this... 

"Hey im in the neighborhood sealcoating and i notice your driveway is getting cracked, yeah super cheap.   .... Dont mind the rainbow runoff water when it rains thats normal for a while."

Its diesel engine oil. 

"Hey i just paved a driveway down the street and my son ordered too much asphalt for the job/the guy only had us do half of what we thought/we measured wrong, its going to harden in my bed ill cut you a great deal.. Spread and rolled for $x per sq yard."  

After its down he says its $x per square foot.  This happened to my dad and i was real close to a brawl with stans paving on route 20 in palmer mass over it (dirtbag)

I was hired to repair two really bad residential logging jobs in my life.  Both were 

"Oh hey im next door logging for your neighbor and..."  

Just something to consider.  They cant all be bad, but the bad ones are at it every day.  Buyer beware. 
Revelation 3:20

Offline Lumberjohn

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 04:00:04 PM »
"Hey i just paved a driveway down the street and my son ordered too much asphalt for the job/the guy only had us do half of what we thought/we measured wrong, its going to harden in my bed ill cut you a great deal.. Spread and rolled for $x per sq yard."

Funny, I had that offer twice in my life. I didn't take them up on it though, my driveway is cement and not a thing wrong with it the way it is/has been for the last 60 years.....

Offline killamplanes

• one man band
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2018, 06:51:41 AM »
If that was here. And I was approached with that small logging job and I was next door. And there was a few good trees. I would feel you out to see if you were going to be annoying. If not I would do it for 1k t keep the logs I want pile the logs I dont and you own the tops. I'm one guy, skidder and and trucks. That's me that's here. If they were all walnuts or wo veneer might be free or even buy. But that's border line tree trimming service stuff.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Been a long long time since I last visited

Started by Bothy_Loon on Sawmills and Milling

16 Replies
Last post August 08, 2011, 11:44:29 PM
by Bothy_Loon
xx
long, long longlonglllooonnnggggggg winter

Started by woodmills1 on Sawmills and Milling

3 Replies
Last post April 01, 2015, 06:12:35 PM
by woodmills1