AVAILABLE

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Woodshax Outdoor Vending Solutions

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

Author Topic: Installing a New CB Edge 750 HD this weekend!  (Read 518 times)

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Installing a New CB Edge 750 HD this weekend!
« on: October 31, 2018, 10:02:31 PM »
Been looking at CB's Edge since it came out a few years ago. Really like the added changes to the new HD. 409 stainless, easy access to all the exchangers, FireStar with built in XP wifi and steppers instead of solenoids. My dealer buddy found a buyer for my 2010 Eclassic 2400 and persuaded me to pull the trigger. We will be making the changeout this weekend. Nothing wrong with my 2400 its been flawless and I've have been totally satisfied with it, but my buddy says this one is even better with added features and easier maintenance. Will share my results. Time to burn!

Offline Roger2561

• Love the outdoors
    • Share Post
Re: Installing a New CB Edge 750 HD this weekend!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 06:26:46 AM »
boilerman101 - I went from a E-Classic 1400 to the new Edge 550 HD.  Same as you, nothing wrong with the 1400 I simply wanted to upgrade to something a bit easier to operate and maintain and I cannot be happier with the change I've made.  I have a small issue with the temperature creeping up between 10 and 17 degrees after it has reached it's high set point.  I called my dealer and he believes the problem is in the controller but he needed to call CB first.  Later that day, 6:00pm to be exact, a CB rep called me and said a new controller is on it's way with a call tag so I can return the old one at no cost to me.  I fired up my 550 this past Saturday so come this Saturday I'll be performing a bit of cleaning to give myself an idea what kind ash built up I can expect to find.  The one thing I really like is the wifi feature.  I can monitor it from where ever there is a wifi signal.  That's how I learned there is a temperature creep after the high set point has been reached.  Keep us posted on your new Edge 750 HD.  Roger 

Offline Wood Shed

• Retired antique tractor guy enjoying my Tree Farm
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 12:06:30 PM »
Boilerman 101,  Keep us posted on the operation of your new OWB.  I am in my 13th season with my CB 6048 and know the clock is ticking.  Trying to stay current on several different models to be ready when the time to switch comes.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. -Greek Proverb

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 11:24:16 PM »
New Edge up and running. Change out went smooth, water came up to temperature quickly. Will send in required water sample after 48 hours of circulation for the 25 year warranty coverage. Have not tried hooking up the xp wifi yet. My techie son said he will come by tomorrow night and help connect up. Will keep you posted after getting a couple of days operation under my belt to compare it with my E2400.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 05:43:28 AM »
Sounds like you will like it!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline hedgerow

• Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 08:37:12 AM »
Had you been running seasoned wood in the old unit? I assume the new one requires seasoned wood to make it operate correctly. I know my Garn likes seasoned wood a lot better. 

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 10:18:06 PM »
XP wifi up and running. Connected easily to my router. I'm attempting to attach a screenshot of XP chart. Seems to run very similiar to my 2400. Fan shuts off at 185 and water temp overshoots by 4-5 degrees just from the intense burn and coals which is about the same as my 2400 at current 30 degree temperatures. Will probably overshoot less once get more of a winter heat load on it. No problem. Very stingy on wood usage, best guess is pretty similar to the 2400, but can better compare when gets colder. Firebox seems to be burning a little drier than the 2400 and burn recovery time may be quicker. My wood all has been seasoned for about a year which I've been ahead on now for many years, so getting nice reaction chamber temps of 1,000 - 1,400 degrees each burn cycle.

Offline boilerman101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 01:32:40 PM »
Update - Been running for a week now. Running great as my chart from previous post shows consistant reaction chamber temps and fast 10 degree water temp recovery cycles. Firebox continues to run much drier than Eclassic did with very little if any creosote build up on sidewalls, air channels or air holes. Very litte ash powder found in the reaction chamber. Owners manual says shovel out when chamber gets 1/3 full but that looks like it could take many weeks. We'll find out as outdoor temps get colder and if it starts burning more wood. Filling firebox about 20-25% once a day right now and have A nice coal base to throw next wood load onto.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Installing a 750 Edge HD Titanium

Started by 747mopar on Firewood and Wood Heating

11 Replies
Last post March 31, 2018, 04:24:32 PM
by 747mopar
xx
To edge or not to edge is that a question?

Started by glgdiggs on Sawmills and Milling

27 Replies
Last post July 16, 2009, 10:16:58 PM
by Percy
xx
Installing The New OWB

Started by levans on Firewood and Wood Heating

11 Replies
Last post October 28, 2012, 01:38:52 PM
by levans
xx
installing log siding