iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Author Topic: SOLD 1995 Woodmizer LT40 for Sale - NW Florida - Santa Rosa County  (Read 6446 times)

Offline bmurphy96

• Share Post
    • TimberFrame.Life

I have a 1995 Woodmizer lt40 sawmill for sale. It is in use two and three times a week -- definitely not collecting dust in the barn! It is fully hydraulic including log lift, two toe boards, a clamp and two backstops. It also has two non-hydraulic (manual) backstops. The motor is a 24hp Onan gas engine. It has within the last month had a tune up including oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs and a new ignition coil.
The trailer component was updated in January with new tires, new brakes and new wiring. Price is $13,000.

I have read, understand, and agree to the terms of posting an ad on the Forestry Forum.

Offline paul case

• Senior Member x2
  • Original wearer of the PCM.
    • Share Post
Re: 1995 Woodmizer LT40 for Sale - NW Florida
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:09:06 AM »
I think you may need to look at that price again?  Where is the mill located would be pertinant info as well.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Offline bmurphy96

• Share Post
    • TimberFrame.Life
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 09:20:00 AM »
The post title says NW Florida.

Online Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 09:45:52 AM »
And some folks claim San Francisco is in northern California too.... just not those who live in southern Oregon.  A town name could make the difference between someone contacting you vs just passing the listing by.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.

Offline bmurphy96

• Share Post
    • TimberFrame.Life
Re: 1995 Woodmizer LT40 for Sale - NW Florida - Santa Rosa County
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:06:51 PM »
I have added the county. The only way you can get more NW Florida than us is to live in Escambia County.

As for price..I have no idea how you come up with a figure for the price of a mill. I suppose in general you can look at other mills for sale. However, not knowing every detail of a mill that can a generalization at best. Since I did not know how to price I asked Woodmizer how much my mill was worth when I took it in for service in the first quarter of this year. After they did almost $1,000 of work on it he estimated the price at around $12,000. We didn't discuss the fact that I had brand new tires, new brakes and lighting on the trailer. Since that cost  almost $1,000 of work I added that to the 12k. I have also about $150 of engine work done it. I will be including whatever blades I haven't used when it sells. I just had delivered a box of five hardwood blades that cost a bit over $100 from Woodmizer. I used them for both southern yellow pine and oak.

I have receipts for both the woodmizer work and the trailer work if someone would like to see.

This isn't a beat up old mill that has been sitting around or been abused. I maintain it and I fix it when it's broke. Everything works as expected right now. It has some rust on the lower parts. The paint (where the parts haven't been replaced) is old. Probably the weakest link on it is the engine simply because of the hours on it. It has been replaced at some point but I do not know how many hours are on the current engine. It's certainly possible to buy an engine replacement kit from Woodmizer (or other sources) and have a brand new Kohler at your disposal. I'm not going to get another $2500 for it if I add the engine so i'm not going to do it. The current engine could run quite a while .. the compression is good, it has a new ignition coil and general tune up was just done within the last month. Worst thing about it is the stupid muffler which is rusted in spots. It could be taken to a muffler shop and have a new muffler welded on if you want. It does make it a bit loud but you should be wearing ear phones anyways.

Will I take less than 13,000 for it? Maybe. Is it worth 13,000? I believe so.

Online Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 08:22:51 PM »
I am pretty sure Paul was being sarcastic in that your first ad has the price at $13.00, not $13,000.  Which I guess means I won't offer to Pay-pal you $20 for it so the fees are covered.  :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger

Offline Chuck White

• Senior Member x2
  • Sawing Mobile since 2005
    • Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:55 PM »
bmurphy96, just go back into your opening post and modify your post and correct the figures in your price and eliminate any argument.  Obviously it was first entered as a common mistake!
~Chuck~
Retired USAF (1989), Retired School Bus Driver (2012), and now a Mobile Sawyer
1995 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG2425 Kohler - Shingle & LapSider, Cooks Cat Claw Sharpener, 4-foot Logrite cant hook.
Basic mechanical skills are all that's required to maintain the Wood-Mizer.
I LOVE MY SAWMILL

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 09:58:58 AM »
B96,

Looks like a great deal for someone. Does it happen to have any kind of of Set works or accuset with it? If not do you know if it could be added? 

I grew up over near Century Fla in Escambia County and if I were still there I would jump all over it. I still have a good buddy there who might be interested and I will let him know. He's too old and lazy to use it but he has a strapping young son who is a likely candidate for a future sawyer.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline bmurphy96

• Share Post
    • TimberFrame.Life
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 06:48:07 PM »
I do not believe that they had computerized heads in '95. I don't think it would be an option that you could add at this point. It's probably a lot more complex than slapping in the unit. 

I will follow up with a call to Woodmizer tomorrow to verify about the head. I would love to hear from your friend. 

thanks!

Keith

Online charles mann

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 08:40:39 AM »
I saw a comma after the 13, so i used a bit of common sence and came to the number of 13,000. I guess others dont have the sence to do that, which is probably why the price was mentioned. 
If a person couldnt extrapolate the price, how do they plan on running a mill without causing severe harm to themselves?
Temple, Tx
Fire Fighting and Heavy Lift Helicopter Mech
Helicopter and Fixed Wing Pilot

Offline FLPINERAT

• Wonder which I run out of first, time or money?
    • Share Post
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »
Man I'd think that would make somebody up in that neck of the woods a great mill right now, to recoup some tree loss!

Although that can be a an exercise in futility itself :(

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
I saw a comma after the 13, so i used a bit of common sence and came to the number of 13,000. I guess others dont have the sence to do that, which is probably why the price was mentioned.

I did not get that impression that anyone failed to recognize the , and notice the missing 0 and could not figure out the correct price.  I did however notice that you misspelled the word "sense" twice in your above quoted reply.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Offline bmurphy96

• Share Post
    • TimberFrame.Life
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 12:56:29 PM »
I just got off the phone with Woodmizer. It won't be possible to upgrade to simpleset. 

thanks,

Keith

Offline bmurphy96

• Share Post
    • TimberFrame.Life
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 12:59:08 PM »
You all are worse than my 10th grade English teacher. I added the zero. Do you carry red markers in your pocket?

lol

Keith

Online charles mann

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »

I did not get that impression that anyone failed to recognize the , and notice the missing 0 and could not figure out the correct price.  I did however notice that you misspelled the word "sense" twice in your above quoted reply.  :D
Did i say anyone didnt recognize the missing 0 and misinterpreted the actual price? 
Auto correct also changed the spelling. I dont how to turn off auto correct, so i assume siri or whatever program would recognize the appropriate word and being used in the context of the sentense/phrase. 
Auto fill in imsg seems to work at recommending the appropriate statement. 

If my comment offended you, i cant help that. 
Temple, Tx

Offline alan gage

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 02:36:55 PM »
Did i say anyone didnt recognize the missing 0 and misinterpreted the actual price?

Yes

I don't think anyone is offended but rather just having a good time.

Alan
Timberking B-16

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 03:08:58 PM »

No offense intended nor taken.  I would not want your "auto correct" either if it changes a correctly spelled word to a word that does not exist.  :D 

My point about the misspelling was simply to point out that we all make errors when typing and here on the FF any response will always be offered in a kidding and good natured manner.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Online charles mann

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 04:37:38 PM »

No offense intended nor taken.  I would not want your "auto correct" either if it changes a correctly spelled word to a word that does not exist.  :D  

My point about the misspelling was simply to point out that we all make errors when typing and here on the FF any response will always be offered in a kidding and good natured manner.
None taken on my end either. And i didnt think i had mentioned anyone, but after re-reading after someone pointed it out, i felt like a donkey. 
Plus we were scrambling to gather personnel up to go back on fire contract, and i was trying to expedite my post. 
I HATE these phones, i feel like a dog on a leash while at work. Glad i didnt accept the temp work offer to keep me from having to come back to portland. 
Temple, Tx

Online Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 05:23:18 PM »
You all are worse than my 10th grade English teacher. I added the zero. Do you carry red markers in your pocket?

lol

Keith
Actually Magicman does, it's on a retractable cord and he has posted the photos to prove it!  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger

Online Magicman

• Senior Member x2
  • A "Traveling Man"
    • Share Post
    • Knothole Sawmill
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »
It's all in fun my friends, all in fun.  :) 

P.S.  I do always have that red lumber crayon but it is to keep me from making an error.  ::)

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
SOLD Used Woodmizer LT40 Super 40 for sale SOLD

Started by Chris Burchfield on For Sale

15 Replies
Last post July 31, 2017, 03:45:22 PM
by Chris Burchfield
xx
For Sale: 1991 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD G24 **Sold**

Started by Jeff on For Sale

15 Replies
Last post October 31, 2011, 02:14:19 PM
by T Welsh