iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hammerbeam vs. King Post for 24 - 30 foot clear span?

Started by ArgusBassler, November 13, 2018, 09:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don P

Don't know if it was me but I'm usually just being opinionated rather than offended, it can be hard to tell in typeface rather than face to face :D. TF doesn't have to be slow. Lots of folks fuss with it enough to make it slow but every farmer back in the day was a timberframer.

ArgusBassler

Don P. Thank you for all the info. I am going to rework a few things this week and I will post some updated ideas with the math reworked.  Florida, you did not offend me either.  I am just trying to do as much learning as I can before attempting to conquer my house build.  I know even if I put up 100 timberframes I would still not know enough to build my house perfect.  Thanks for your input I understand where you are coming from.  I'm just not in that type of rush to build (at least not now, I know time goes by quick), my daughter just turned 11 so I have 7 or 8 years before I building my house although I would like to have it well thought out and plans for it before then.
Argus Bassler

ArgusBassler

florida, I do agree with you that cutting over 16' will not happen very often most likely.  I could for sure just use a winch like you said.  This really gets me re-thinking - what are my true needs maybe I should talk to a few more sawyers and see what they have and if they wished they had something different.  Thanks again.
Argus Bassler

Thank You Sponsors!