iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Carrying Chainsaw on Skid Steer

Started by MNBobcat, December 17, 2018, 11:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNBobcat

Hi Guys,

I do all my work in the woods using a skid steer with root grapple to pick up the dead trees for cutting.   It's tough to carry the saw, oil and gas in the cab.  I'm looking for ideas on how to carry the saw on a skid steer.  I googled and I did find one post where a guy mounted a milk crate on the back of the skid steer.

I'm looking for other ideas, too.  Anyone figure out any other ways to carry the saw on a skid steer?  Photos are appreciated!

DelawhereJoe

What about a bolt on receiver and a hitch carrier
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

hedgerow

MnBobcat
 I use a wooden box I built over 30 years ago holds two saws gas,oil,chains has a small tool box in it for chainsaw tools. I started out taking it to the timber on the loader forks on a tractor would just strap it down. Then when I got a skid loader with a grapple fork I would just carry it on their and strap it down . Now days I have bought a small pickup box trailer with a shell that has swing up doors instead of windows and that box with a couple air tanks and other misc tools go to the timber by pushing it on a ball mounted on the grapple fork. Sorry don't have any pictures of the set up. 

barbender

I made a bar mount that I bolted to the inside of the skid steer cab (mine has a grid mesh frame, Case 1845c) it works better than expected. You have to bent the bar slightly to get the saw into it, and that tension also holds the saw in place. 
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!