iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Sawmill & Woodlot Magazine

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies

Author Topic: Timbco 445  (Read 2052 times)

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: Timbco 445
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2019, 10:59:10 PM »
It is a rotating head. My current sales are dry pine 8" average. Then my next sale is a 20" average green fir sale.

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2019, 11:06:08 PM »
Tilts 40 degrees either way, it's the way to go. In the cab pictures did it show a "hotsaw" button on the dash ? I lay you odds it's probably got the pump for one. A barsaw lays wood down CHEAP, dont have to run the rpms to death to run the head. I want to say they are 2.5" shoulderd 1/2 inch bolts, keep a few in the cab, if you really mangle a bar throw the bolts away. After a little while you will get the hang of it, dont just grab the tree, grab and push a little bit. smaller stuff can be worse than big stuff to cut, I've cut 4ft+ stuff with mine but I dont recommend it all the time. You can break a tilt cylinder trying to force a tree. 

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2019, 11:09:54 PM »
Yes it does have the hotsaw button. I'm sure it will take some getting used to. I'm hoping the price doesn't get to high. I'm just starting out, Ive got a full size self loader semi, a the 450c with swing grapple and winch. And uveI been cutting with my Deere ct332 skidsteer with a tree shear on it.

Offline Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2019, 11:14:41 PM »
Is a lot of timber sold as ccf out that way?  Never hear that over this way.  How long did the bigger unit take to cut?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2019, 11:19:14 PM »
Night and day comparing a 445 and a skidsteer with a shear. If your mowing it down it's not hard to lay 600 down in a hurry. If I cut for 1 day it takes me 3ish days to pick up with a grapple and get slashed, used to take me 1wk with a 440 cable for every good day that i cut with my 425. That timbco will go places most guys dont have the balls to attempt, as long as you keep it reasonably pointed up hill you will wanna stop before she will 🤣 

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2019, 11:25:16 PM »
Thats good to hear. I want to get better, faster, more productive. Id like to do 600 trees a day with ease. 

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2019, 11:36:42 PM »
If you have a little bit of a head start you can keep 2 skidders hopping with that machine, I bury my 460 constantly. If you buy it change the 4 hydraulic filters, 3 are above and 1 down below. Change the track drive pump oil, the stick is inside the door looking at the back, if the seals go it's a job to do in the woods. All and all they are a good machine, if you bought it and had final troubles you could buy a newer style carbody with GFT80 finals pretty reasonable, GFT80s are close to bulletproof what I'm told. 

Offline Southside logger

• Senior Member x2
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2019, 11:42:39 PM »
I bury my 460 constantly

It's been really wet here too this year Barge. :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2019, 11:49:48 PM »
I bury my 460 constantly

It's been really wet here too this year Barge. :D
 I wont post pictures of what my job looks like, swallow a 440 skidder up in some of these ruts. I've about had it, so close to the end we dont care, skidded operator said enough just before 10pm, said his kidneys couldn't take the beating anymore after 14hrs.... 

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2019, 12:00:48 AM »
This will be my second season logging. My goal this year is to profit. I learned alot. Alot of break downs, and alot about hired hands. This week I put a newotor iny log truck
 Should be about as much fun as I can handle. I will take your advice on changing fluids and filters,.good advice. I would hope the drives will make it atleat l a season. I am going to try and buy it.

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »
 If its half way decent your looking at a good machine. I've got a set of books that cover 90% of that machine and the head, would gladly make you copies. Theres little quirks to the head, couple parts you want to keep on hand but all and all they are a good machine, I've laid down a mountain of wood with mine in a short time. 

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2019, 10:08:58 AM »
That would be great, I'll let you know if I end up getting it. You said the head looked to be a 33". If it is will it cut a 33" tree?

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2019, 04:26:19 PM »
Bar is supposed to have 33", if you can walk around the tree you can cut 4'+. After 30" or so you risk splitting stuff, cutting in 1 pass can be a pain and getting your bar out in time is fun. 26" wood all day long, that's cut, pick and throw. 

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2019, 11:38:39 AM »
Ok cool, the only sales I can get here are no larger than 24 inch at breast hight. I'm logging all Forrest service ground

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2019, 03:14:18 PM »
I havent seen much that's 24"dbh I couldn't throw, sometimes you will cut and push the real big stuff. 

Give you a rough idea of what they will cut 😂 

Offline TimberJoe

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2019, 03:18:57 PM »
Cool picture, id love to have a buncher. How do you limb? Limbing is my biggest time consuming portion of the days. 

Offline Riwaka

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2019, 04:23:32 PM »
Depends on what your trees are like for delimbing  - whether some basic like a 'stripper delimber' would work.

Are you looking for year round work. Excavator (if the terrain is not too steep and add longer grouser bars etc) with a felling head/ grapple and then convert back to a bucket for a dirt season. Get a more modern excavator with a closer dealer for parts support?

Timbco 415 and processor (up to 24 inch)

Komatsu  and directional felling head  (valmet etc - timbco derivative boom/ arm etc)
FL85 forest and Jungle - YouTube

Offline tacks Y

• Full Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2019, 08:45:16 PM »
Timberjoe, There is a 445 on auctiontime.com now with 14 hrs left and is at 26k+. This has a lot of pics to compare with. 

Online Skeans1

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2019, 10:50:08 PM »
Depends on what your trees are like for delimbing  - whether some basic like a 'stripper delimber' would work.

Are you looking for year round work. Excavator (if the terrain is not too steep and add longer grouser bars etc) with a felling head/ grapple and then convert back to a bucket for a dirt season. Get a more modern excavator with a closer dealer for parts support?

Timbco 415 and processor (up to 24 inch)

Komatsu  and directional felling head  (valmet etc - timbco derivative boom/ arm etc)
FL85 forest and Jungle - YouTube
The best thing about a Timbco is all the parts are off the shelf and source able. Track frames are cat, pump is rexroth or Linde, valve same thing, engine is Cummins or Deere all easy to get parts with a simple phone call.

Offline BargeMonkey

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2019, 12:21:27 AM »
Cool picture, id love to have a buncher. How do you limb? Limbing is my biggest time consuming portion of the days.
 Your cutting mostly softwood ? If you take your time you can knock ALOT of the limbs off with the head, cut the top out. I'm running a stroker, it's old but it eats softwood. Do you have any other iron ? something you could feed a pull they with? A "stripper" works good, non hydraulic delimber, you can find a low hr used one around if you watch, mostly a northeast thing I've seen that model for sale. 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Timbco

Started by timberjack 450 on Forestry and Logging

14 Replies
Last post February 01, 2013, 03:20:24 PM
by timberjack 450
xx
timbco 820e

Started by setnctl on Forestry and Logging

4 Replies
Last post August 21, 2018, 11:37:00 PM
by setnctl