The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Council Tool

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: band saw mill project  (Read 2470 times)

Offline Vautour

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Re: band saw mill project
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2019, 05:26:47 PM »
.... @ millwright... tks for info .. gonna check for that product "case nite"..and try that out...                                                                                                  .....@ Crusarius... just regular steel ...while i'm in the middle of building them ..not a big job to make them greasable... if the big guys in the industries are doing it on there high end mills there's got to be a reason... so i'm kinda leaning in that directions...                                                                                           .....@Bandit....tks for info... by the way are your rollers greasable??..                                                                                                                                      .....@RAYMAR....tks..nice to hear from another local...was thinking about starting a FORESTRY FORUM  gathering in this part of the world... hard for us eastern Canadian to travel to the US to attend a Pig Roast... maybe a hot dog roast for starts digin1.. just a though..we'll see if there is interest  
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

Offline Larry

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2019, 06:34:37 PM »
Kasenit has not been available for years.  A similar product is Cherry Red or Bownells sells some private label stuff.  None of it gives the deep case blade guides require.

There is a method that infuses carbon into steel by burning something like leather it in a sealed packing box.  Google it for directions.  You also might be able to find somebody that does it commercially.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Offline RAYAR

• Retiring soon = more time to play with my mill :)
    • Share Post
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2019, 10:03:32 PM »
A local get together sounds like a great idea. I have family in the Richibucto / Saint-Charles / Aldouane areas.

Offline Bandmill Bandit

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2019, 11:43:58 PM »
No Vantour they are not. I switched back to sealled after a one season run of the greasables.
Too messy for my liking in that location. I just use the best possible grade marine type bearing I can get. Initial purchase is more but the longevity far out values that initial purchase.  
If you ain't livin on the edge you are takin up way to much room. Of course at my age if I get too close to that edge any more theres a good chance I may fall off.
2001 Dodge 1500 4x4. 2018 F150
2007 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 almost Super
2 Logrite 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Offline Vautour

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2019, 08:22:41 PM »
....@Larry.... tks for that info..gonna look that up... my friend who heat treats steel all the time says if its mild steel there is not much you can do about it.. it has to be 01 steel... so ill probably leave them as is and make a new set when they wear out.................................... ....................................... ..................   ....@Bandit...tks for that info... was hoping someone with that experience using greasable bearings and switching over to non greasable bearings just made my decison thumbs-up..............................................................................................  ....@ RAYAR ... gonna check with TIMFROM NB .. he's building a timber fram in Shediac area and maybe get somthing going in that area.. i'll keep you posted..    
the Gospel is WANTED by the people in 52 Countries but made illegal by their Government

Offline RAYAR

• Retiring soon = more time to play with my mill :)
    • Share Post
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2019, 11:18:22 AM »
....@ RAYAR ... gonna check with TIMFROM NB .. he's building a timber fram in Shediac area and maybe get somthing going in that area.. i'll keep you posted..    
Sounds great

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

moved
MOVED: band saw mill project

Started by chet on General Board

0 Replies
Last post January 14, 2019, 08:20:33 AM
by chet
xx
band sawmill project

Started by Leggman on Sawmills and Milling

67 Replies
Last post June 01, 2015, 01:20:47 PM
by PC-Urban-Sawyer
xx
Why are there more smaller Band Mill operators here then circle mill?

Started by MaddiesDad on Sawmills and Milling

26 Replies
Last post March 05, 2009, 03:18:06 PM
by TexasTimbers
question
Band mill or chainsaw mill?

Started by AVF on Sawmills and Milling

26 Replies
Last post January 26, 2016, 10:02:11 PM
by outpost22