iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Post your saw!

Started by Wedgebanger, January 30, 2019, 06:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wedgebanger

Thought it would be interesting to post up what your main saw is and what you have done to it. This is my 311 with a 20" bar, Stihl yellow chain and aftermarket dogs.

lxskllr

I don't take a lot of pictures, but I already had this one in the gallery...

That's my big boy saw; a 362cm. The only thing I've done to it is take out the spark arrestor.

This is my cs400, which has been getting more run time lately. Shown here wearing a PoulanPro bar...

It's had the cat gutted, and the spark arrestor removed.

I also have 362(not cm) that looks the same as first, but with a 20" laminated bar, and not modified at all. Lastly, I have a cs2511t. That's had the spark arrestor removed.

edit:

I forgot I had a pic of my 2511t. Shown with an apple for scale since I didn't have a banana  :^P

That's really a fun little saw. I haven't had much chance to use it yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a good workout. It's got full chisel green chain, and it's a little grabby. Too much so for the engine size I think. I'm gonna make a loop of semi chisel yellow chain, and see if that's a better match. Smaller chain all around would probably be better, but I like being standardized on 3/8 and 3/8lopro for all my saws. Keeps chain management simplified.

Hooterspfld

No cool action shots tonight, it's 12 degrees out...

MS250 was my go too until I got the MS362 CM and the MS661 CM. Think I'm going to put a 20" bar on the 362 and take the 25" bar and put it on the 661. Really only need the 36" bar for slabbing. My 250 is probably going to sit on the shelf especially cause it's carb is acting up. The 193T is for the rare time im up in a bucket. 

Inaotherlife

Here's my pole saw. It's got a four foot extension, and cost as much as my next two most expensive saws combined.

And until I can find a bigger one that's as cheap as me, here's my big saw. I put gas in it.

upnut

Stihl MSA 120 C Which is bone-stock...

I plug the charger in where the toaster normally goes if I want a little more "pop"... :D

It served as back-up to the MS241 C-M...

I recently was able to purchase a Stihl MS261 C-M for back-up duties, no pics yet.

Scott B.

I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

Old Greenhorn

Here's a photo I had on file from the spring. You figure out which one it is. It's my only workhorse for now. (And yes, I know the chain is too loose.)

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

lxskllr

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on January 30, 2019, 09:46:28 PM
Here's a photo I had on file from the spring. You figure out which one it is. It's my only workhorse for now. (And yes, I know the chain is too loose.)

I like that pickaroon. Is that factory or hand made?

firefighter ontheside

My Ms291 and a little lobl olly pine.  Don't have any pics of my old 025, but that's still a great saw.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Inaotherlife

Quote from: lxskllr on January 30, 2019, 06:48:25 PMI forgot I had a pic of my 2511t. Shown with an apple for scale since I didn't have a banana  :^P

Ooh! I got one of those too! I use it for all kinds of stuff that it's too small to cut. And with a too big bar too😀

Old Greenhorn

Nope, that is store bought. I got it at a local loggers supply and the name escapes me at the moment. I'll be honest and say it's too dang cold to walk through the snow to the shop in my moccasins to check the name, but I will look tomorrow. I know they are USA made.  I like the little blade on the back. When I am splitting stringy stuff I use it to cut the strings. I like it so much, I got another, longer one, without the blade for moving logs. Very handy. As you can see, I keep them both handy on my mule all the time.

Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

lxskllr

That little blade's what grabbed my attention. I could use that for just what you said. Cutting split strings. I have small axes, but don't feel like dragging the whole house out to split wood, and having something to pick rounds would be handy. I usually take a maul, two wedges, a big axe, and a splitting maul out to split wood. I could make room for a bladed pickaroon since it would have more than one use.

Ianab

Dolmar 7900 with 28" bar. 
Overkill for some situations, but that's it sitting on a pine tree stump that's only ~30 years old. 

Need it more for trees like this cypress. 

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Air Lad

Quote from: Ianab on January 31, 2019, 02:05:34 AM

Overkill for some situations, but that's it sitting on a pine tree stump that's only ~30 years old.

That's a lot of Cyprus Ianab
Great timber as the white ants don't like
Cheers

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: lxskllr on January 30, 2019, 10:44:04 PM
That little blade's what grabbed my attention. I could use that for just what you said. Cutting split strings. I have small axes, but don't feel like dragging the whole house out to split wood, and having something to pick rounds would be handy. I usually take a maul, two wedges, a big axe, and a splitting maul out to split wood. I could make room for a bladed pickaroon since it would have more than one use.
I got it from Sheldon Hill Forestry. I went and checked and they don't have those two on their web site, it is made by "Peavey Mfg. Co." in Maine. The one with the blade comes in 15 to 48" lengths. I like the short length for firewood, and the longer for positioning logs. Here is the Link to the maker's site. 

lxskllr

Quote from: Ianab on January 31, 2019, 02:05:34 AM

:^O
You guys grow some big pines down there!

firefighter ontheside

PHoly cow Ian.....30 years.  My lobl olly that was that size was about 60 years old.  Was yours radiata?
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

stan064

sablatnic

This little farmer saw does about 80% of my sawing - believe I have six or seven of them under different names, Partner, Husqvarna, Jonsereds. 
Certainly not fast, just pleasant to use.

Partner 460 - YouTube

Grizzly

That's an old 111S I inherited. 36" Cannon bar. The oiler ain't working right so it's not a daily user, just my show off saw i guess.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ianab

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on January 31, 2019, 09:08:11 AM
PHoly cow Ian.....30 years.  My lobl olly that was that size was about 60 years old.  Was yours radiata?
Yup, Radiata pine. That's why it's grown on a 25-30 year rotation.

The other one is Monterey cypress, which can go huge here.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

HolmenTree

Quote from: Grizzly on January 31, 2019, 01:12:41 PM

That's an old 111S I inherited. 36" Cannon bar. The oiler ain't working right so it's not a daily user, just my show off saw i guess.
Nice looking saw there Grizzly, welcome back.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

sablatnic

Grizzly
Lovely Jonsereds 111!
With a bit of luck your oiler problems could be the o-rings around the pump body having gone slack.
Look after it please, not many around anymore.

stan064

I posted my saws could not get pic and right up together ?they are  076,064,036,260, 250,jred 70E,poulan 4200,echo 340 top handle,i been running the 64 and 36 since new in the mid 80s all original

Wedgebanger

A lot of good looking equipment, new and old!

HolmenTree

Quote from: sablatnic on January 31, 2019, 04:25:46 PM
Grizzly
Lovely Jonsereds 111!
With a bit of luck your oiler problems could be the o-rings around the pump body having gone slack.
Look after it please, not many around anymore.
I remember changing the O rings on my 621 and 90. Probably easy enough to find at any auto parts store today

Air Lad

Learning how to put up pic's
The 170 is the baby of the fleet
 Unfortunately the program takes my original pic and rotates it 90 deg left
Sorry for the sore necks
Cheers

lxskllr

Quote from: Air Lad on February 01, 2019, 04:38:44 AM

Sorry for the sore necks
Cheers
I just figured your trees grew differently down there  :^P

thecfarm

@Air Lad When you click onto the picture and you are ready tp post the link of that picture there is a place below to rotate it -90° ot + 90°. Give it a try.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Grizzly

Quote from: sablatnic on January 31, 2019, 04:25:46 PMWith a bit of luck your oiler problems could be the o-rings around the pump body having gone slack.

So, do you or holmentree (or anyone else) have any directions for removing the oil pump? I've looked at it and from what i see it would be easy to do it wrong and end up with something broken. I don't want to get too adventurous with it cause i can't just go buy a new one if i break something.

sablatnic

I've done it on a 90, and only once, about 30 years ago, but can't remember any complications.
I believe the pump is similar to this, right hand lower corner of page two:
http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Jonsered%2070e.pdf

Remove exhaust, remove screw that holds locking clamp, and gently pull out the pump body. And make sure the piston comes out too.

Better wait for Holmentree too - he'll probably know more about it.

Air Lad

Quote from: thecfarm on February 01, 2019, 08:11:30 AM
@Air Lad When you click onto the picture and you are ready tp post the link of that picture there is a place below to rotate it -90° ot + 90°. Give it a try.
Thanks will try again
Cheers Mate

HolmenTree

Quote from: sablatnic on February 01, 2019, 11:01:47 AM
I've done it on a 90, and only once, about 30 years ago, but can't remember any complications.
I believe the pump is similar to this, right hand lower corner of page two:
http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Jonsered%2070e.pdf

Remove exhaust, remove screw that holds locking clamp, and gently pull out the pump body. And make sure the piston comes out too.

Better wait for Holmentree too - he'll probably know more about it.
Yep the 70e oiler is very similar to the 111 oiler with the same amount of O rings but the 111 has one more valve with 3 O rings right above it.
Here's a pic of the 111 exterior oil pump under the muffler.
The  2 screw cover holds the oil pump and the round 1 screw cover above it is the lubrication adjustment valve . 
The 621 80 801 90 had a silver allen screw in plug that held the single oil pump in with a adjustment screw inside.

olcowhand

Quote from: Air Lad on February 01, 2019, 04:38:44 AM
Learning how to put up pic's
The 170 is the baby of the fleet
 Unfortunately the program takes my original pic and rotates it 90 deg left
Sorry for the sore necks
Cheers
It does that when it crosses the Equator...... :D
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Grizzly

Thanks, Holmentree and sablatnic. It was those 3 screws that i wondered about and wasn't sure how many springs would be behind them. So, thanks again. Now once I'm able to get out to the shop I can take another look and have a go at it.

HolmenTree

You're welcome Grizzly.
Take another look at the above 111 picture I posted. I'm not 100% sure but I think the little screw that thread downwards at the top of the picture is the adjustment screw. ???

Thank You Sponsors!