iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

anybody going to the eltec demo

Started by snowstorm, February 04, 2019, 04:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowstorm

i got an invite in the mail from the ponsse eltec dealer. it said call your salesman for details. and he didnt answer so maybe i will just show up. they are showing off a eltec fh227 with a ponsse h8 head. its going to be in carrabassett. so it may be steep ground ans lots of snow to walk in

snowstorm

we went up there today. good thing i knew where ira mountain was. its still winter there 3 plus ft of snow. had i known we had to hike a mile up the mountain. some of it was steep. grab some brush and pull yourself up.the eltec is big lots of track on the ground. you cant see anything to the right. it had a h8 with top saw. they were cutting some pretty ruff hw. it did ok. there was also a 853 jd with a 622. that did just as good as the eltec. forwarders were a timberpro and 1910 deere 

nativewolf

Quote from: snowstorm on February 06, 2019, 07:08:11 PM
we went up there today. good thing i knew where ira mountain was. its still winter there 3 plus ft of snow. had i known we had to hike a mile up the mountain. some of it was steep. grab some brush and pull yourself up.the eltec is big lots of track on the ground. you cant see anything to the right. it had a h8 with top saw. they were cutting some pretty ruff hw. it did ok. there was also a 853 jd with a 622. that did just as good as the eltec. forwarders were a timberpro and 1910 deere
That somehow does not surprise me.  I don't know what the difference would be ...but then again what I don't know will fill libraries.  But the hardwoods up on the side of a ME mountain can't be but so big...can they?  Like 14-16" avg DBH?  50' tall?      
Liking Walnut

Thank You Sponsors!