The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Re: The weather 2019  (Read 18444 times)

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
Re: The weather 2019
« Reply #1240 on: July 09, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
It was barely 70F here at noon, so probably no 80F today. Nice breeze still blowing, humidity in 40's. Windows all the way up. Paradise. :)
Move'n on.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #1241 on: July 09, 2019, 02:21:45 PM »
Yes,paradise is right. We only had that one warm morning, Had to roll the window up in the truck when I hit the tar road this morning. A very nice day today. But it did cloud over by noon. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
« Reply #1242 on: July 09, 2019, 07:04:09 PM »
Another awful day, just the way I hate it! 87, and humid.

Got scorched by the sun, and had a run in with bees, but somehow escaped getting stung. I was trying to set a point near a noisewall that had just about every kind of vine growing up it, but luckily no poison ivy. I was gingerly cutting stuff out of the way with my knife, cause there were greenbriars mixed in with the other stuff, so I had to watch what I grabbed. Had a nice vine carpet laid on the ground, reached in to grab some more, and almost grabbed a wasp nest. Got out of there quick, moved my offset to the less desirable opposite side of the ditch, and that fell in a yellowjacket nest  :^S  Got the stake in without getting stung. Had to work a little late today, but the day could have gone much worse than it did.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1243 on: July 10, 2019, 07:35:09 AM »
Dropped down to near 55F by daylight. Sunny day again, only expecting 70's and low humidity once again. No wind this morning, but can't complain. Another spectacular day, but would be better if the sciatica was over with. :D

Hoping to get the garage floor poured this week, the crew has been busy as honeybees and behind on the work. Been waiting over a month. But they do good work and I refuse to call anyone else within 20 miles. :D
Move'n on.

Offline Al_Smith

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: Northwestern Ohio in the center of a giant corn field
    • Share Post
« Reply #1244 on: July 10, 2019, 11:01:15 AM »
It's supposed to be nearly 90 for the week ahead but the humidity is low ,a good thing .I am very surprised at the crops because even as late as they were planted they look good all things considered .

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
« Reply #1245 on: July 10, 2019, 05:41:40 PM »
It was about as awful today as yesterday. Perhaps a bit more. It felt more humid. I geared up and ran the brushcutter for a couple hours this afternoon, and I think I was on the verge of heat exhaustion. Got back to the truck, and I could have puked if I concentrated on it a bit. Found a small dawn redwood(~3' tall) I took the top off of. I think it'll be alright though, and I'm gonna try to get it out of the ground to put in front of the boss' house.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1246 on: July 11, 2019, 03:53:32 AM »
55F here again this morning on the porch, every window wide open. :D  72F in here (upstairs) and 64F down stairs. Just the way I like it. ;) I think the high was 78 yesterday and sunny. I'm seeing the stars this morning, but suppose to rain tonight and tomorrow. The birds start singing here at 4:30 am especially robins,  bluebirds and swallows. I think the swallows have fledged, but are hanging around the box. The sky was full of them 3 days ago and they was carrying on around the box. They still flit in and out, but I'm sure they have flown the coop.
Move'n on.

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
« Reply #1247 on: July 11, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »
Hot and humid earlier, and ZOMG!!! wind and rain right now, with a bit of lightning for extra fun. Lost a couple sizable limbs off my locusts, with one in the road. Sitting on my front porch with my saw waiting for it to chill out some. Flash flood warning til 7:45  :^/

Offline Andries

• Making buildings out of big curvy logs
    • Share Post
« Reply #1248 on: July 11, 2019, 05:31:10 PM »
It's 82F today!
Sweating like a Swede in a Sauna.
I can see why the "Southern Gentlemen" hit the shade and AC when it hits 99.
Don't know how you folks do it !
LT30G24
Ford 545 Series loaders
Stihl chainsaws

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1249 on: July 11, 2019, 05:31:35 PM »
75F here now with some dark clouds moving in. Staying cool. 56% humidity. With bright sun it would soon turn hot I think, a south wind blowing pretty good.
Move'n on.

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
« Reply #1250 on: July 12, 2019, 06:27:13 PM »
Almost 90 again, but drier, and a decent breeze. Can't say I like it, but summer in MD can be much worse. Got a bunch of wedges cut for my Alaskan mill. I cut cedar branches from a pruning job a month or so ago. Just quick cuts with the chainsaw. They're on the dash of the truck, making it smell nice. I'll get around to stripping the bark later. Pretty much got all the pieces to start milling. Just need to get it all assembled. I've been slacking getting started on it all. It's so hot, it's hard to get motivated to push a screaming engine through a log. I'll try to get my rails on the log and aligned next week, and maybe even get a saw in the wood by the end of the week, or early the week after. Sure wish it were fall...

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #1251 on: July 12, 2019, 09:09:45 PM »
A light rain last night and another light rain tonight. My garden needs the rain. The wet hole by the road don't need the rain. ;D  Still she water in the ruts the wife made mowing. The last few days has been nice for temps. Not much sun. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1252 on: July 13, 2019, 06:30:10 AM »
A Scottish mist overnight and this morning, looks like fog, but when you are out in it you see rain drops falling. ;D 90% RH outside and 65F. Turned the furnace on early to draw down the humidity, now at 62% RH and still falling with 72F. Of course with dehumidifer on in basement, 50% RF down there and fairly steady within a percent.
Move'n on.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1253 on: July 14, 2019, 07:06:07 AM »
A few showers this morning, all done now and blue sky over us. We are starting to need a bit more rain here, bone dry under the taters. Cold front moved in here, and drying out the air mass again. I did get 11 taters yesterday under the first hill I dug. New taters and Bar-B-Q- steak today. :)
Move'n on.

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #1254 on: July 14, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
Maybe that cold front will head my way.
Warm here all ready this morning. I am watering the garden. My soil up by the house is on the dry side. I can plant in my garden before some people can even walk on thier's. But I am watering before them too.
Finally things are starting to grow. That month of almost steady cold,cloudy,rain,set me back.

Offline lxskllr

• Senior Member x2
  • dummy with saw
    • Share Post
« Reply #1255 on: July 14, 2019, 10:21:46 AM »
85 right now, with 90 expected. Humidity ~52%. could be worse I guess. Felt coolish when I went out on the porch to finish getting groceries in from this morning. Decided to bring the big wood up to the porch I cut earlier this week. Out in the sun's a whole different game. Got the biggest stuff up and quit. That violates my policy of not sweating on weekends if I'm not having fun. I'll get it some time next week after work when I'm already sweaty and disgusting.

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
  • An old coot, still learning.
    • Share Post
« Reply #1256 on: July 14, 2019, 12:25:28 PM »
I haven't posted on this thread in quite a while. The weather has been 'normal' some hot, some cool, some rain. No snow or ice. Tomorrow I start my annual week of camping and working in the middle of a hayfield. The weather matters somewhat. :)Glad to see the forecast has nothing special, no temps over 90, the humidity should stay 80% or below. If it is true, it will be one of the best weeks we have had in years. Usually we get some heavy rain, some 95 temps with 95% humidity. We have also had night temps in the 40's. I have to drive to get to the nearest tree, so it can get hot in the sun. As I am 'working' (providing medical support to the public, artists,  and staff) there is little opportunity to chose where I am. Seems like every time I get a serious case to work, it is in the blazing sun every time, except those at 3am of course. ;D :D
 Here's to hoping the weather Gods finally cut us a break for the next 8 days. If @thecfarm 's wish comes true, we can work with that too. Better than the 300 heat related cases we handle some years. Never had a frostbite case yet at this one. ;D ;D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) I mill for fun and my mental health. NYLT Certified.

I ain't the woodcutter, but I can cut wood 'til the woodcutter gets here.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1257 on: July 14, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »
:D That reminds me of one of my fishing trips some 25 years ago. We camped out in a tent on the grounds of an old saw mill site, along the banks of the Renous River. It was 95F by day and near 32F at night time. The coldest, I just couldn't stand it no more, we hopped into the pickup at 2:00 am or so and put the heat on. Man, that was the hottest and coldest days and nights one should endure in July under the northern sun. :D :D
Move'n on.

Offline SwampDonkey

• Forester
  • Large Tooth
    • Share Post
« Reply #1258 on: July 14, 2019, 03:41:56 PM »
65F here this afternoon on the porch, sending some along down your way @thecfarm . ;D
Move'n on.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Elk 2018/2019

Started by Magicman on The Outdoor Board

95 Replies
Last post June 07, 2019, 07:37:29 AM
by petefrom bearswamp
xx
2019 WV Catfish

Started by WV Sawmiller on The Outdoor Board

75 Replies
Last post July 02, 2019, 09:00:39 AM
by tule peak timber