iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Protective clothing hot climates

Started by Cruiser_79, March 12, 2019, 05:35:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiser_79

Over here we usually work with chainsaws during winter. Than there isn't a problem with protective clothes that are too hot. Especially the protective pants are quite hot with temperatures >20 degrees celcius... 
What protective pants/overalls and shoes are you wearing in summer and in hot climates? 

Air Lad

Quote from: Cruiser_79 on March 12, 2019, 05:35:58 AM
Over here we usually work with chainsaws during winter. Than there isn't a problem with protective clothes that are too hot. Especially the protective pants are quite hot with temperatures >20 degrees celcius...
What protective pants/overalls and shoes are you wearing in summer and in hot climates?
Hi Cruiser_79
Today we worked in 38 C
Predicted again tomorrow
Feel for us mate

Cruiser_79

Quote from: Air Lad on March 12, 2019, 06:07:20 AM
Hi Cruiser_79
Today we worked in 38 C
Predicted again tomorrow
Feel for us mate
Wow these are insane temperatures for loggin  :o 
what kind of protective clothes are you using over there?! Just flip flops and a speedo? 

teakwood

I work in 30-35 degrees now, falling and skidding.

Pfanner pants are the best for hot weather, a white t-shirt, gloves, ear plugs, no googles no helmet for me. because in my teak plantations there is no dead hanging stuff around

TreeStuff - Product Information

Expensive, but worth every penny
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Air Lad

Quote from: Cruiser_79 on March 12, 2019, 07:09:52 AM
Quote from: Air Lad on March 12, 2019, 06:07:20 AM
Hi Cruiser_79
Today we worked in 38 C
Predicted again tomorrow
Feel for us mate
Wow these are insane temperatures for loggin  :o
what kind of protective clothes are you using over there?! Just flip flops and a speedo?
HaHa 
We do air conditioning
Really sucks when you have to work in the roof
Temps go up
Drink lots water
Have frequent breaks
Only way
Cheers

Ragnorak

It makes no difference what you wear. Sunscreen is needed. There is no way around it. (Although it's not strictly important here, I think it's worth noting that UV damage can occur even if you aren't sunburned...so everyone should use sunscreen.)
However, if you're looking for UV-protective apparel, I recommend the Uniqlo UV-blocking hoodie I bought for hiking. It's both breathable and functional. However, I think it's very unsightly, so I just wear it for hiking and the like. It's not coming to the beach or the park with me.
Also, completely unrelated to fashion, but applicable to sunburns: On Saturday, I got an unpleasant neckline burn, and I finally tried the black tea brewing trick to speed up the healing process. Fill a pitcher halfway with hot water and three bags of black tea, then soak a rag and pat it into the burn, let dry, and repeat a few hours later when the tea is close to black (and has cooled). I did 3-4 rounds before bed and after my morning shower, and I was blown away! I'm super fair and pink, so I burn after 20 minutes in the sun, but it's much more relaxed now (redness and itchiness are greatly reduced, and the burn isn't at all tender).
Life is a Gift and Giving is our Lifestyle

Thank You Sponsors!