iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

oregon rock cod

Started by tule peak timber, May 09, 2019, 08:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawguy21

Now there's a fine meal! Rock cod, also called snapper, is very good eating.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

BradMarks

Oregon Cod?  That's a new one on me. We have Pacific Cod, Ling Cod, "Tom" Cod, Black Rockfish (aka Black Bass), Red Snapper, Chinese Rockfish (orange) and who knows what else!   Whatever it is, prepared like that has got me wanting some!

tule peak timber

Brad, The term "cod" gets thrown around a lot.This fish was purchased out of Fishermens Direct in Gold Beach Oregon. It is Black Rockfish (Sebastes Melanops), sustainably harvested by permit and license.I used to be very involved in groundfish as a long liner in CA as well as other areas. In the 1990's I was involved in fishery management as chairperson of the groundfish permit review board for Oregon, Washington and CA; basically the west coast, but not Alaska.
Sadly, for the thousands of tons of fish I landed and adjudicated over, we now have to purchase our rockcod via mail order. Still happy to have good quality food that the whole family loves. It is hard to beat the flavour of rockfish, raw, steamed, barbecued, in ceviche, baked, sauteed, roasted or you name it.
Cheers, Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!