iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Elmia Wood

Started by Mark M, February 23, 2005, 07:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

This one sounds like it would be fun. Only happens every 4 years.

http://www.elmia.se/wood/

Swede

Don´t think I´ve time for Elmia this time. Beside that, I´ve got my saw mill. ;D

But, everyone with a sawmill, forwarder (or an axe  ;) ) is welcome to come here and stay for a year or two! ;D We also need thousands of trucks with cranes and trailers, 79' long is allowed. (No semis needed to be pulled all the way to dry asphalt) ;D

We had that storm and now there is more snow than we´ve seen for many years. 12-15" I think, cold and blowing. Amerika-Sågen still is in my workshop. After I put all electric ads on I can´t stop the engine by electric! :o Have to turn the gas off and wait.  ::) Have to call Briggs&Stratton today and the new measureing isn´t finished yet.

Because of mud n´gravel throwed up on the trees while falling, they need to be cut from the roots by hand, with a chain saw!  ::) I´m not used to forest working and don´t understand how it can be done. It´s dangerous and some people have lost their life, many more has been hurted.  :( There is also people who have taken their own lifes after their forests and economy has been ruined.
The prices for processors has been up about 50% per hour and it´s too expensive to stop them big machines for changing the chain one or twice an hour.

So everyone with an axe and nowledge to use it, take the chance to earn some money and see Sweden in all seasons! :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Hammy

Hi Swede,

I heard about that storm & saw a picture in a local forestry magazine. Trees in the forest completly flattened.

I hear Elmia is still going ahead though is that right?
C. Hammond
Petersons

Swede

Hammond;   Talked to my brother last night, 30% of his forest is now "horisontal forest", 5 000M3. Dad and grandddad planted spruce everywhere and my brother have done the same. ::) Doesn´t help much telling him we had just pine and hardwood here 150-200 years ago and he have seen how much planted spruce are rotten before its 30-40 years. I think he is going to leave some areas now for hardwood.
He had two small areas with 1:st generation spruce he wanted to save but the storm (called Gudrun) took it all.  :(

ELMIA Wood will open as planned! :)  http://www.elmia.se/wood/

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Thank You Sponsors!