iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thank you to Southside

Started by Poquo, June 13, 2019, 09:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poquo

Cut down a dead ERC , the bark was peeling off , there were cracks in ends and lengthwise .I sent Southside some pictures , he said the wood inside would be fine . He was right it was the some of the best ERC I've seen . He's a great person to work with .  

2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Southside

I saw this in the list of recent posts and thought "On no -- what did I do now?"  :D  Glad you are happy with it, sure looks pretty!!  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

Poquo,welcome to the forum.
Whatcha got for a mill?
Been sawing long?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

Welcome to the forum Poquo.  ERC is a great tree/wood.  I had to look twice to make sure @Southside  had not started this thread himself.   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Poquo

Don't have a mill yet , but thinking about getting one . I retired recently Machinist (39 years) . I enjoy working with wood more than metal , I love the grain patterns . 
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Southside

Yup, Poquo even got to see what happens when you get too accustomed to hydraulic back stops and use your manual ones instead.... >:(
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Poquo

I thought you were demonstrating what not to do. :D
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Poquo on June 14, 2019, 12:23:47 PM
I thought you were demonstrating what not to do. :D
Sometimes that way of learning creates a more effective memory. Sometimes not.  ;D ;D :D :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

YellowHammer

Do I need to send a spray can of orange paint to cover the shiny metal?
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Southside

Can you include a piece of stainless to go with that? 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Poquo!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

@Southside , have you considered metal fabrication?    :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

donbj

Southside, that's a nasty hit! The blade must look good! :D
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Southside

@doc henderson I think scrapping would be more my thing.  >:(
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

YellowHammer

Aw heck, get a little Turtle Wax and buff it out.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

btulloh

If you ran 14tpi bi-metal bands those backstops would slow you down but at least you wouldn't ruin the band.
HM126

Poquo

It sounded like an end mill hitting a hardened clamp on a milling machine , but I wouldn't know anything about that. ;)
2015 Woodmizer LT40HD26

WDH

Southside, Blind Hog Syndrome :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!