The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Sawmill Shed Layout  (Read 3918 times)

Offline Bindian

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
Re: Sawmill Shed Layout
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2019, 12:59:03 AM »
I'm a little late to the party, but microsoft also makes a wireless adapter that plugs in to a TV that has HDMI (audio video out) and USB (power) connectors (about $50). You can turn your TV into and extended monitor from any compatible wireless device. I use mine to sit on the couch with my feet up watching sawmill videos on the TV (wirelessly connected to the laptop as a monitor) while reading about sawmills on my laptop screen.
The new 65 inch TV I bought has wireless on it.  Just gotta figure out the HDMI ports and how to switch it.  I have 3 sources with one being hooked to the satellite.  You tube is already on the TV, so I guess click that and see if it connects to an open HDMI port?
hugs,  Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide Diesel.

My Hero is Johnny Jett

Offline flyboy16101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2019, 03:09:55 PM »
I built this in a hurry just so my mill would not be left out in the weather and so I could so saw anytime that I got a chance (some how my day off work is always 100% chance of rain). I knew from start that it would be a little tight on space. I am drawing up plans for a 44x40 to replace this and also store some lumber and equipment (skid steer, maybe an edger) but the more I think about it I doubt I will have very much lumber storage due to equipment and being able to move around while I do things without moving machinery outside to make room to work. I would like to go 40x100 or bigger but I have to make a lot more flat ground to build on first.

Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, Logrite Cant Hook

Offline Bindian

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2019, 06:06:39 PM »
I built this in a hurry just so my mill would not be left out in the weather and so I could so saw anytime that I got a chance (some how my day off work is always 100% chance of rain). I knew from start that it would be a little tight on space. I am drawing up plans for a 44x40 to replace this and also store some lumber and equipment (skid steer, maybe an edger) but the more I think about it I doubt I will have very much lumber storage due to equipment and being able to move around while I do things without moving machinery outside to make room to work. I would like to go 40x100 or bigger but I have to make a lot more flat ground to build on first.

(Image hidden from quote, click to view.)

Looks warm and cozy.  Can you run it with the doors closed?  Flyboy, is that mean you fly?
hugs, Brandi
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide Diesel.

My Hero is Johnny Jett

Offline flyboy16101

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2019, 08:44:47 AM »
I was going to put an exhaust in but didn't since I don't have room for the lumber inside so the doors are always open when I'm sawing. I fly some a flight engineer for the reserves but not very often anymore.
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, Logrite Cant Hook

Offline Bindian

• Full Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2019, 03:51:11 PM »
I was going to put an exhaust in but didn't since I don't have room for the lumber inside so the doors are always open when I'm sawing. I fly some a flight engineer for the reserves but not very often anymore.

Flyboy 16101,
     THANK YOU for your service.  I'm an aircraft mechanic with a major airline.  Been there 27 years.  Years ago, I thought about becoming a WOC in the Army to fly helicopters.  At that time I was rebuilding wrecked helicopters.
                                                hugs, Brandi

My Hero is Johnny Jett

Offline jeepcj779

• "Watch this" - Famous last words
    • Share Post
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2019, 02:46:39 AM »

If your TV is new, it is likely of the "smart" variety. That being the case, you can probably just use the TV remote to select youtube and watch it using just the TV.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Saw Shed Layout question

Started by Rob in NC on Sawmills and Milling

12 Replies
Last post February 13, 2018, 08:43:26 PM
by WV Sawmiller
xx
Sawmill Layout

Started by woodmann on Sawmills and Milling

17 Replies
Last post May 18, 2010, 05:31:12 AM
by Ron Wenrich