All those city folks think organic is the way to go

May be thy will think organic camp fire wood is the best thing ever :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Dave Shepard

You cab get free range firewood here. Even better than organic.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

goose63

goose

Southside

Clearly I am the only one selling Gluten free, grass fed, non GMO, certified humane, firewood - best stuff your money can buy!!   ;D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

goose63

Hay now thats a DanG good idea right there 8)
goose

WV Sawmiller

Mine is all recycled. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Brad_bb

Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Hilltop366

:D

Looks like it is time to bring back this one for those who never see it the last time around.

Maker Series: Artisanal Firewood | CBC Radio (Comedy/Satire) - YouTube

Resonator

:D :laugh:
All my firewood is "Shade Harvested". Though once I harvest it, there's no more shade. ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

moodnacreek

Hey, did you guys know you can grow your own vegetables!

luvmexfood

It's all in the name. Go to the grocery store and grass fed beef is more expensive than beef that comes from a feed lot. Grass fed beef is cheaper to produce. No feed lot costs.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Roxie

Stop!  Stop!  Yer all killin' me!  :D :D :D :D 
Say when

Mike W

@Southside, well if its also "cage free" then count me in for a bundle or two.... ;D

lxskllr

Quote from: moodnacreek on July 07, 2019, 03:13:35 PM
That's crazy talk. I've never seen anyone growing in special clamshells. I don't think that technology's available to regular people.

goose63

Quote from: moodnacreek on July 07, 2019, 03:13:35 PM
I tryed that if but the weeds took over and I bet Ray will tell ya thy are just like GRITS ya can't eat em
goose

DelawhereJoe

I think you can only claim "grass fed" if you mulch your grass under the trees first.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Southside

Well, my cows eat the grass, then do the cow thing under the tree - so technically they are grass fed, and probably carbon credit eligible too!!  
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

SS,

Sounds to me like your cows are contributing to the holes in the Ozone layer. :D I have a big horse like that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Southside

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on July 07, 2019, 06:37:12 PMSounds to me like your cows are contributing to the holes in the Ozone layer

WV - The '80s called - they want their propaganda back.  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

WV Sawmiller

SS,

I'm not sure I can remember the 80's and truth be told the 70's are a little fuzzy too. :-[ :-[
Howard Green

luvmexfood

Years ago I had a board fence around the yard. When I mowed the first round I throwed inward and then came back around and throwed everything back under the fence. We had this one cow when she heard the mower would come running. Then just make a pass along the fence and lick up the already cut grass. She could hear the mower from a thousand feet. That don't count the one that came every morning and wait on left over bisquits.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Don P

Well, in the truth is stranger than fiction category. We had our forest certified organic to sell medicinals to a large buyer. They came out checked it out, yup we got organic woods, paid well for the cohosh so I'm not complaining. The organic certifiers wanted to do it again this year on my tab so now we just have au natural woods. I'm not saying people are nuts, I don't have to :D

Bandmill Bandit

Sorry to rain on the parade BUT IF it was cut with a chainsaw it lost it certification. 
Has to be dropped with a cross cut saw and split with a maul or and axe!

The gubamint will persecute you otherwise. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

WDH

Well, at least the timber, while it is standing, is organic ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DelawhereJoe

What about if you use certified organic canola oil for chain oil and biodegradable 2-cycle oil ?
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

WV Sawmiller

You will have to use it in a battery powered chainsaw charged by a solar panel.
Howard Green

thecfarm

I just could not watch that video all the way through.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bandmill Bandit

The tragic reality is that much of what we have poked fun at herein has become the STUPID "truth" for what that "truth" is worth.

Actually makes the "good old days" look very "good" inspite of the hard ships of those days.
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Thank You Sponsors!