The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Baltic Abrasives Technologies Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Any guess on a fair price??  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Satamax

• Senior Member x2
  • Location: South eastern alps, in France but right on the italian border.
    • Share Post
Re: Any guess on a fair price??
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 01:14:13 AM »
I would say it's worth it's value in scrap metal, the grapple is a bonus for having to cut it all apart.
I'm with Southside. aluminium parts might be cracked by the heat. Everything with an oil seal or an O ring is to be considered dead. Transport for it ain't gonna be easy or cheap. There is auctioneer fees too. 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb.

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 10:44:29 AM »
You can plumb your own with Co2 tank and some soft copper lines to some simple pipe manifolds.  Anywhere you know oil and leaves will be soaked underneath where you cant hit it direct with a fire extinguisher, just put a length of 1/4" sched 40 with holes drilled all over and a cap on the end, zip tied to whatever to stay put.  Itll flood the oxygen out of the space and prevent a runaway.
Revelation 3:20

Offline nativewolf

• Senior Member x2
  • Forester
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2019, 09:42:02 AM »
You can plumb your own with Co2 tank and some soft copper lines to some simple pipe manifolds.  Anywhere you know oil and leaves will be soaked underneath where you cant hit it direct with a fire extinguisher, just put a length of 1/4" sched 40 with holes drilled all over and a cap on the end, zip tied to whatever to stay put.  Itll flood the oxygen out of the space and prevent a runaway.
Now that's a neat idea mike and actually a potential small business.  Develop kits for skid steers to let people install runaway fire prevention.  Seems to me that's a business, make the kit parts, ship in a box with instructions. 
Liking Walnut

Offline mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2019, 09:54:43 PM »
I'll add it to the hundred other potentially big things ive invented in my life.    

The community college i went to had an issue with seating for the increasing number of morbidly obese students.  Federal law demanded they solve it at any cost.  Adaptive services lady came to a class looking for a solution, no one was interested.  I whipped up some graphing paper sketches and priced material.  Showed her, she says how much per unit.  I said $300 [2004ish] she says ill start with 100 units, when can you have them ready?    

I took a long look in the mirror and decided fat kid desks wasnt gonna be my identity.  Almost borrowed a lot of money over it.  I did make a product for 8 years that i sold to my distributor.  Still in production.

But its all fun and games until someone sues you for a burnt ponsse.  Id rather haul rock.
Revelation 3:20

Offline luvmexfood

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2019, 05:59:35 PM »
For several years I worked at an airport and was in the fire/police department. Earthmoving contractor was working on the backside of the runway. One operator rolled a big Cat hauler. It caught on fire. His exact words was " if I had had an extinguisher I could have got the fire out before it got big.

Anyway we rolled our crash/fire trucks. Extinguished the fire but hauler was toast. Company could have probably bought 40 fire extinguishers for what we billed them for foam to extinguish the fire. 
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Offline Old Greenhorn

• Senior Member x2
  • An old coot, still learning.
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2019, 08:54:55 PM »
For several years I worked at an airport and was in the fire/police department. Earthmoving contractor was working on the backside of the runway. One operator rolled a big Cat hauler. It caught on fire. His exact words was " if I had had an extinguisher I could have got the fire out before it got big.

Anyway we rolled our crash/fire trucks. Extinguished the fire but hauler was toast. Company could have probably bought 40 fire extinguishers for what we billed them for foam to extinguish the fire.
Yup, catching it in the incipient stage is always good.  :) That's why I keep a can (PW) in my Mule all the time, plus a small dry chem. Is' amazing what you can do with a can in the early stages  ;D even if it is not the correct tool for the job. Always keep my extinguishers handy. Very cheap insurance.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 450, 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) I mill for fun and my mental health. NYLT Certified.

I ain't the woodcutter, but I can cut wood 'til the woodcutter gets here.

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Is 55 per ton fair price

Started by Mt406 on Forestry and Logging

20 Replies
Last post August 23, 2013, 01:04:04 AM
by shortlogger
xx
what's a fair price

Started by trapper on Sawmills and Milling

9 Replies
Last post January 31, 2013, 08:49:15 PM
by POSTON WIDEHEAD