iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lenox Woodmaster C Question

Started by Gord From Emsdale ON, February 27, 2005, 07:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord From Emsdale ON

Hi

I bought a box of 15 Woodmizer Blades for my LM 2000, I was toing to get WM to resharpen them, but it will cost a bit, here is a breakdown:

Prices are Canadian Dollars & include shipping & Taxes

Woodmizer blades by box of 15          $ 29.97 each
Lenox Woodmaster C by box of 12     $ 22.60 each  (by 12, get one free & Free shipping)

Difference is  WoodMizer costs more by $ 7.37 each  x 15 = $110.55
Cost to resharpen WM Blades $ 11.18 each

Here is the idea, I buy Lenox Woodmaster C blades and just keep buying new ones till I can afford a sharpener  instead of spending the extra on WM blades + the resharp cost. I'd have a fair bunch of blades on hand by the time I could get a sharpener.

Does this make sense?

Fla._Deadheader

That's exactly what we did. Sent blades out 1 time. Been doing ours ever since.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

EZ

You think a guy could find another place that will sharpen and set cheaper.
I was doing the same thing as you guys, until I found a guy that sharpens and sets for 4 bucks a blade. Does a good job also.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Too far for me to send 'em.  ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ed_K

I never sent a blade out for resharp. I read enough here, to realize I needed a used sharpener & setter.
Ed K

Gord From Emsdale ON

I live out in the boonies & there is no local saw shop around here.

There is a place to get table saw blades sharpened, real cheap, but they come back with not much carbide on them & don't cut worth crap any more.

I'll try posting an ad in the paper to see if there is a some one around that can sharpen cheap till I get a sharpener. In the meantime, I just stock pile some Woodmaster blades.
I sure wish I never bought the Woodmizer Blades, they are no better, they just cost more.

dumfries

Gord:
Where do you get your Lennox blades at that price?  I would sure be interested in getting them at that price too.  Thank you,
Peter Kyle
Dumfries

dumfries

Hi Gord:
I also wanted to add that I have a blade sharpener and live in Drumbo, Ontario and can sharpen them if you like.
Peter Kyle
Dumfries

Gord From Emsdale ON

Hi

Where is Drumbo?

The Woodmaster C blades come from Western Woodlot Equipment, buy 12 & get one free,
& get free shipping, the prices I qouted above are GST extra, but still a good deal.

I took the 12 lot price & divided by 13 to get the each blade cost.

dumfries

Gord:  Thank you for the information on where you got the sawblades.  That is a great deal.
Drumbo is between Kitchener and Woodstock on the 401.  Where is Emsdale?

Peter Kyle
Dumfries

Gord From Emsdale ON

Hi Peter

Well, that a bit far for me to drive, too bad. Emdsale is 2 hours north of Barrie. :-[
I forgot to post the link for Western:

http://www.westernwoodlot.com

or 1-800-267-7297

They are located in BC, which means NO PST for us Ontario folks.

The price may vary for you, my price is based on 144" @ .17 an inch  for a 1.25"  blade

( .20 an inch for 1.5" blades)

..Gord

Thank You Sponsors!